Mobile Device Security
Secure Your Workforce,
Wherever They Go
With the rise of BYOD it’s often hard to identify who is on your network, what device they’re using and any threats they bring with them. Tenable’s Nessus® and SecurityCenter Continuous View™ (SecurityCenter CV™) solutions provide unparalleled visibility into your network to identify security gaps and vulnerabilities, reduce risk and demonstrate compliance, allowing you to improve user productivity and optimally integrate business processes.
Gain the Visibility You Need into All Your Devices
Mobile devices connect and disconnect from the network at any time, making it difficult to directly scan these devices for vulnerabilities and compliance violations. This leads to inconsistent security and compliance policies for mobile devices and the rest of your network. Organizations can avoid this gap with SecurityCenter CV and Nessus Manager and Tenable.io solutions.
- Nessus Manager and Tenable.io integrate with leading Mobile Device Management (MDM) products (Microsoft Exchange, Apple Profile Manager, MobileIron, AirWatch, Good for Enterprise) to capture device info for iOS, Android and Windows phones to perform vulnerability and compliance assessments.
- SecurityCenter Continuous View takes this further by tracking managed and unmanaged device continuously as they connect to the network. It also monitors mobile device vulnerabilities over time and malicious communications to identify if they are timely resolved or if misconfigured or out-of-compliance devices are proactively addressed before your next audit.
How Tenable Can Help
Nessus Manager and Tenable.io
Traditional vulnerability management programs make it difficult to proactively address unauthorized and non-complaint mobile devices in between audits. With Nessus Manager’s integration with leading MDMs, customers can:
- Get relevant information on iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices, including serial number, model, version, timestamp of last connection and user.
- Detect known mobile vulnerabilities, including out-of-date versions of Apple iOS devices. Discover jailbroken iOS devices.
- Ensure your MDM is configured to take action against non-compliant devices.
- Spotlight non-employee owned devices. Determine which devices have not connected for a period of time.
- Perform compliance and configuration audits (verify if password complexity and aging, remote wipe, fraud warning is enabled).
SecurityCenter Continuous View
Mobile devices lack consistency with the rest of an organization’s security, leading to incomplete visibility across the network and a lack of compliance with enterprise-wide policies. SecurityCenter CV:
- Continuously detect managed and unmanaged or unauthorized devices that connect to your network.
- Detect compromised devices that communicate to malicious websites or abnormally initiate communications to other critical systems once connected to your network.
- Continuously identify key mobile device information including OS and versions for vulnerability and configuration assessment
- Track mobile vulnerabilities over time to identify if they are timely resolved or if misconfigured devices are causing out-of-compliance.
- Prioritize vulnerable mobile devices and malware as well as malicious communications due to compromised devices.
- Implement consistent security and compliance policies across the organization that includes mobile devices along with all other assets in your environment.