Tenable Announces the Release of Nessus 2.2.9
October 30, 2006
Tenable Network Security, Inc. is proud to announce the availability of Nessus 2.2.9. This release of the GPL version of Nessus contains the following bug fixes:
Nessus Daemon ('nessusd'):
- Fixed a bug in the PCAP handler which in turn should fix synscan.nes (thanks to Marcel)
- Fixed a banner encoding problem in nessus_tcp_scanner and find_service
- Fixed a possible deadlock in synscan
- Avoid a deadlock in the main process when waiting for a sub process to die
- nessus_tcp_scanner works much better when used over a slow network link
- nessus_tcp_scanner now offers some options accessible thru the GUI
- Fixed a bug in ssh_func.inc which would prevent it from working against HP/UX (and in general which would break a communication where messages pop up on stderr in the middle of receiving data on stdout)
Nessus Client ('nessus'):
- Fixed a possible memory corruption issue when creating a list of plugins to launch
- Fixed a corruption of the .nessusrc files when receiving some plugin prefs ending by a space
All Nessus 2.x users are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.