Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 3
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 3
- New whitepaper on web application testing is being released next week.
- Correction on The Tenable appliance it does support Security Center, with future support for PVS and LCE Hardware appliance has been announced as well
- As always be sure to check out our blog at http://blog.tenablesecurity.com
Interview: Brian Martin: The Dos and Don'ts of Web Application Testing
- What makes web application testing so challenging?
- What are some common mistakes that people make when trying to test a web application?
- If you are an organization with over 50 different web applications, how should you approach testing for and remediating vulnerabilities?
- Which web application vulnerabilities are the most elusive and why?
- What are some of the real dangers with vulnerabilities like XSS and CSRF and why do you think people don't pay too much attention to them?
- If you are to tackle doing an security assessment on a web application, where is the best place to start and what tools/resources do your recommend?
- RBS WordPay hacked, full database access
- Microsoft warns of SMB vulnerability in Windows Server 2008 and Vista
- Microsoft Windows SMB2 '_Smb2ValidateProviderCallback()' Vulnerability (uncredentialed check)
- Wordpress Worm Being Used to Profit
- Ron Gula will be speaking at the Hacker Halted conference in Miami on September 23, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian and others from Tenable Network Security will be attending Cyber Dawn Cyber Exercise on October 3-4, 2009
- Paul Asadoorian will be speaking at the Louisville Infosec conference on web application security on October 7, 2009
Are You Vulnerable to the Latest Exploits?
Enter your email to receive the latest cyber exposure alerts in your inbox.