- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable website for more information about open positions.
- Check out our video channel on YouTube which contains new Nessus and SecurityCenter tutorials.
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make product and company announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
- Want to ask questions about Nessus, SecurityCenter, LCE, and PVS and get answers from the experts at Tenable? Join Tenable's Discussion Forum for custom scripts, announcements, and more!
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
Discussion & Highlighted Plugins
Special Guest: Brian Honan on Effective Vulnerability Management
Brian Honan was our special guest this week to discuss effective vulnerability management.
Brian will also be giving a webinar on July 16th on this topic. Specifically: "How to develop and implement an effective vulnerability management program as part of a wider security strategy. A best practice guide on how to identify your most critical assets, protect your data, and reduce the breach to detection gap."
- This week, Tenable released plugins to detect vulnerabilities in Mod Security, an extension to Apache for applying security rules. How do we best weigh the risk between security and adding on more software to apply security controls?
- Tenable's research team recently released new compliance checks for NetApp storage devices. Coupled with previously-released checks for VMware and Cisco switches, we now provide the ability for organizations to keep your infrastructure in line with your security policies. Do you find that most organizations are working to secure their own critical infrastructure? It seems that some are struggling just to keep servers and applications secure, and the infrastructure is taking a back burner.
New & Notable Plugins
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Initiation Protocol Denial of Service Vulnerability (cisco-sa-20120926-cucm)
- Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switch with Cisco Catalyst Supervisor Engine 7L-E Denial of Service Vulnerability (cisco-sa-20120926-ecc)
- Plone spamProtect mailaddress Parameter XSS
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Installed (credentialed check)
- McAfee ePO Extension for McAfee Agent Blind SQL Injection
- HP Data Protector Components Version Detection
- Nuance PDF Reader pdfcore8.dll Heap Buffer Overflow
- ModSecurity Version
- ModSecurity < 2.1.1 POST Data Null Byte Filter Bypass
- ModSecurity < 2.5.9 Multipart Request Header Name DoS
- ModSecurity < 2.7.0 Multipart Request Parsing Filter Bypass
- ModSecurity < 2.7.3 XML External Entity (XXE) Data Parsing Arbitrary File Disclosure
- ModSecurity < 2.7.4 forceRequestBodyVariable Action Handling DoS
- IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.x < 8.5.3 FP 4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Citrix Web Interface 5.x < 5.4 Unspecified XSS
- Citrix AGEE Logon Portal Unspecified XSS
Passive Vulnerability Scanner
- HAProxy Multiple Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- cURL/libcURL 'curl_easy_unescape()' Heap Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- cURL/libcURL 'Curl_sasl_create_digest_md5_message()' Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- HAProxy Trash Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Multiple Avira Products PDF Handling Remote Denial-of-Service Vulnerability
- cURL/libcURL GSS/Negotiate Feature Spoofing Security Vulnerability
- cURL/libcURL Remote Input Validation Vulnerability
- EAServer <= 6.3.1 Information Disclosure
- cURL/libcURL 'tailmatch()' Function Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- HAProxy 'tcp-request content' Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Winamp < 5.63 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Winamp < 5.64 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Tenable Compliance Checks
Security News Stories
- Cryptocat 'encrypted' group chats may have been crackable for 7 months
- Hacker Holes in Server Management System Allow 'Almost-Physical' Access | Threat Level | Wired.com
- introducing zarp | forelsket & security
- Top 10 Proactive Web Application Security Measures | WhiteHat Security Blog
- INVASION of the UNDEAD ANDROIDS: Hackers can pwn 'nearly all' devices
- Microsoft Offloads Heap of Critical Fixes in 'Ugly' Patch Tuesday