Management needs to quickly see a comprehensive overview of the vulnerabilities in the environment. Analysts should be able to use the same overview to dive deeper into the vulnerabilities for further analysis. This dashboard provides a concise and accurate view of the vulnerabilities in the environment along with detailed remediation information for analysts.
Organizations expect that as the environment changes, the simplicity of seeing concise vulnerability information should remain consistent. Providing good and accurate information is as important as condensing the information to concise depictions. Executives and managers can quickly maintain their operational awareness of vulnerabilities within the organization through this dashboard. The dashboard provides an overview of vulnerabilities in a multitude of ways such as by network segmentation, OS and other common vulnerability-based metrics.
The vulnerabilities are presented in a way that is clear to understand the severity levels, such as low, medium, high and critical. As the vulnerabilities are broken into different groups, analysts can quickly drill down into the vulnerability information for further analysis. Analysts can also get the necessary remediation information in the drill-down of the vulnerability.
Organizations that have categorized hosts into assets benefit from components that show vulnerabilities grouped by assets. Contextualizing specific information into specific asset groups helps the organization derive richer context from vulnerability information. Analysts can better work with administrators to remediate the vulnerabilities based on familiar organizational assets.
The dashboard and its components are available in the SecurityCenter Feed, a comprehensive collection of dashboards, reports, assurance report cards and assets. The dashboard can be easily located in the SecurityCenter Feed under the category Executive. The dashboard requirements are:
- SecurityCenter 4.8.2
- Nessus 6.5.3
Tenable provides continuous network monitoring to identify vulnerabilities, reduce risk and ensure compliance. Our family of products includes SecurityCenter Continuous View (CV) and Nessus. SecurityCenter CV performs log normalization from hundreds of unique data sources. Nessus is the global standard in detecting and assessing network data.
This dashboard contains the following components:
- Vulnerability Trend (Medium, High, Critical) last 90 days: This component contains a trend analysis for medium, high and critical severity vulnerabilities over the past 90 days
- Severity Summary: The “Severity Summary” component is a pie chart of the vulnerabilities by severity level
- Outstanding Patches by Operating System: The “Outstanding Patches by Operating System” component is a table with counts of vulnerabilities based on the OS local security check plugins
- Vulnerability Age: The “Vulnerability Age” component displays counts of vulnerabilities across different time spans
- Most Vulnerable Hosts: This component contains a bar chart of the top 10 most vulnerable hosts
- Most Vulnerable Networks: This component contains a bar chart of the top 10 most vulnerable networks
- CVSS Scoring: The “CVSS Scoring” component is a breakdown of all vulnerabilities in the organization by CVSS score ranges
- CVSS Scoring (Previously Mitigated Items): The “CVSS Scoring (Previously Mitigated Items)” component is a breakdown of all vulnerabilities in the organization by CVSS score ranges
- Asset Outstanding Patches by Operating System (Medium, High, Critical): The “Asset Outstanding Patches by Operating System (Medium, High, Critical)” component displays a count of vulnerabilities grouped by assets
- Asset Summary by MS Bulletin: The “Asset Summary by MS Bulletin” component displays a count of vulnerabilities bundled in Microsoft Bulletins for each asset in the organization