Tenable Announces the Release of Nessus 3.0.1
January 8, 2006
Nessus 3.0.1 (build 114) is now available on our web sites.
Here is the list of changes in this release:
- Lighter resources consumption of the master processes, which in turn improve scalability (one has to account for ~ 6 megabytes of RAM per host tested in parallel)
- Reduce the CPU usage of nessusd when the only running plugin is executing a local command
- Improved the timing of synscan.nes which could result in very long (nearly infinite in time) port scans
- Slightly faster (~ 20%) initial processing of the plugins
- When nessusd updates itself, the process now restarts properly
- Fixed the error message "Warning this scanner seems to be using the plugin feed of another host" which would sometimes be displayed when the nessusd host changes of IP addresses
- Fixed a NULL pointer dereferencement which may happen in some cases when dealing with shared sockets
- Removed bogus warning messages occurring when max_checks is set to a very high value (which is not a good idea in the first place -- max_checks should be set to 4 most of the time)
- KB files of hosts which are dead are not saved on disk (as they are empty)
- Re-introduced HTML export, due to popular demand
- The RPMs have stronger dependencies set
- The SuSE 9.3 build is now linked to the default libdb 4.3
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.