Tenable Announces the Release of Nessus 2.2.5
July 22, 2005
Nessus 2.2.5, a maintenance release, has been released. It fixes several minor bugs and contains some speed improvements.
Here is a quick change summary :
(Slight) Speed improvements:
- Faster scan startup speed (at the expense of a slightly bigger memory usage).
- Faster scans in general
Depending on the speed of your hard drive and the OS you're running on, you may
experience up to 15% speed improvement.
- Fixed the use of an uninitialized buffer in the shared socket code
- Fixed some uninitialized variables in nessus_tcp_scanner
- Fixed several null pointer dereferencements in libnasl
- Several other minor bugs have been fixed (see bugs.nessus.org for details)
- New NASL function 'send_capture()'
- nessusd rotates nessusd.messages on startup if the file is too big
- Enhanced nessus_tcp_scanner
- nessus-fetch now calls nessus-update-plugins upon registration
If you already have a copy of Nessus installed, please note that the Nessus installer makes clean upgrades - no need to uninstall the older version prior to upgrading, and no need to re-register to get a new activation code for the plugin feed.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.