Tenable Security Center
See Everything. Predict What Matters. Managed On-Prem.
Get a risk-based view of your IT, security and compliance posture so you can quickly identify, investigate and prioritize your most critical assets and vulnerabilities.
Managed on-premises and powered by Nessus technology, the Tenable Security Center (formerly Tenable.sc) suite of products provides the industry’s most comprehensive vulnerability coverage with real-time continuous assessment of your network. It’s your complete end-to-end vulnerability management solution.Request a Demo
Active scanning, agents, passive monitoring, external attack surface management and CMDB integrations provide a complete and continuous view of all of your assets including ones that were previously unknown.
With coverage for more than 77,000+ vulnerabilities, Tenable has the industry’s most extensive CVE coverage and security configuration support to help you understand your security and compliance posture with confidence.
Tenable’s Predictive Prioritization technology combines vulnerability data, threat intelligence and data science to give you an easy-to-understand risk score so you know which vulnerabilities to fix first.
Available Through Tenable One Exposure Management Platform
Tenable One is an exposure management platform designed to help your organization gain visibility across your modern attack surface, focus efforts to prevent likely attacks, and accurately communicate cyber risk to support optimal business performance. The Tenable One platform offers broad vulnerability coverage spanning IT assets, cloud resources, containers, web apps and identity systems.Learn more
The Tenable Security Center Family
Tenable Security Center
- Risk-based vulnerability management, on-prem
- Immediate visibility into your network with unlimited Nessus scanners
- Clear, actionable insight into data with highly customizable dashboards, reports and workflows
- Instantly identify and prioritize vulnerabilities using built-in risk scores and threat intelligence
- Speed up incident response with customizable configuration alerts, notification and ticketing
- Free API access for customer integrations, data acquisition and data enrichment
- Discover unknown assets on your external attack surface
Tenable Security Center Plus
Includes all Tenable Security Center benefits as well as:
- Gain a deeper understanding and context of your assets using Asset Criticality Rating (ACR)
- Real-time asset and vulnerability discovery and continuous monitoring for the highest level of visibility
- Streamlined compliance reporting with real-time metrics and proactive alerts on violations
- Real-time detection of botnets and command and control traffic
- Identification of previously unknown resources, changes in behavior and new application usage
Tenable Security Center Director
For customers with multiple Tenable Security Center consoles, Tenable Security Center Director is available as an add-on to Tenable Security Center or Tenable Security Center Plus.
- Single pane of glass to view and manage your network across all Tenable Security Center consoles
- Easily manage scans for each Tenable Security Center console from one central location
- Centralized network management to facilitate reporting and management of multiple consoles, scanners and assets
- Centralized reporting across multiple Tenable Security Center consoles to easily measure your cyber risk
#1 in Vulnerability Management
Actively identify, investigate and prioritize vulnerabilities
reduction in vulnerabilities that need to be fixed first through Predictive Prioritization
"Tenable Security Center has become the voice of truth for our network, providing an additional layer of insight to hold ourselves accountable and to validate the success of our security program to our board of directors."Ted Tomita, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Catskill Hudson Bank
Quickly Measure And Analyze Security And Compliance Risk
Manage Your Data, Your WayTenable Security Center Plus is the leading on-prem option for vulnerability management. Manage your data your way with on-prem or hybrid deployment options while reducing risk for the organization.
Understand Asset CriticalityTenable’s Asset Criticality Rating (ACR) in Tenable Security Center Plus provides an added dimension to understanding the criticality of your assets to make better decisions in reducing risk for your organization.
Get Immediate Insight
Easily CustomizeCreate different reports for different audiences to ensure the most critical threats are seen and dealt with immediately. Generate reports on demand or schedule them, and automatically share with the appropriate recipients.
Streamline Compliance ReportingStay compliant with immediate visibility into your compliance posture. Easily demonstrate adherence with predefined checks against industry standards and regulatory mandates.
Gain Operation Technology (OT) VisibilityGain complete visibility, security and control over the OT threats that put your organization at risk with Tenable OT Security integration.
Ready to manage and reduce cyber risk across your entire organization?
Tenable Lumin is now available for Tenable Security Center.Learn More About Tenable Lumin
Tenable Security Center Frequently Asked Questions
Tenable Security Center and Tenable Security Center Plus are Tenable’s on-premises vulnerability management solutions. Built on industry-leading Nessus technology, the Tenable Security Center family of products identifies, investigates and prioritizes vulnerabilities, providing you with a risk-based view of your security and compliance posture. For more information on these solutions, please see the Tenable Security Center Data Sheet and Tenable Security Center Plus Data Sheet.
Tenable Security Center Plus is a vulnerability management platform that builds off of the functionality in Tenable Security Center and includes cyber risk metrics found in Tenable Lumin for an additional layer of context for your assets and vulnerabilities. These metrics provide a more tailored approach to your vulnerability management program, all calculated on your Tenable Security Center Plus instance, so your data remains on-premises. Additionally, Tenable Security Center Plus can integrate with Tenable’s Exposure Management platform, Tenable One, to increase the value of the insights provided by Security Center Plus.
Yes! Tenable Security Center Plus integrates with Tenable One to provide hybrid vulnerability management deployments and allow on-premises customers to take advantage of an Exposure Management Platform.
Tenable One is an Exposure Management Platform to help organizations gain visibility across the modern attack surface, focus efforts to prevent likely attacks and accurately communicate cyber risk to support optimal business performance. The platform combines the broadest vulnerability coverage spanning IT assets, cloud resources, containers, web apps and identity systems, builds on the speed and breadth of vulnerability coverage from Tenable Research and adds comprehensive analytics to prioritize actions and communicate cyber risk. Tenable One allows organizations to:
- Gain comprehensive visibility across the modern attack surface
- Anticipate threats and prioritize efforts to prevent attacks
- Communicate cyber risk to make better decisions
Tenable Security Center Director is an add-on to Tenable Security Center. It provides enterprise customers with a unified view across their large and often dispersed network spanning multiple Tenable Security Center consoles. Tenable Security Center Director gives complete visibility and management of your instances so you can focus on vulnerability management and reduce overhead on administrative tasks.
Predictive Prioritization combines Tenable-collected vulnerability data with third-party vulnerability and threat data and analyzes them together with the advanced data science algorithm Tenable Research developed. Each vulnerability receives a Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR) that represents the likelihood an attacker may exploit a given vulnerability in the next 28 days along with its severity. You can use VPR to understand actual cyber risk of vulnerabilities in their unique environments so you can prioritize remediation efforts on vulnerabilities with the greatest impact.
Using a diverse array of sensors, Tenable Security Center ensures continuous discovery and assessment of your network, assets and vulnerabilities in real-time.
Tenable Security Center gathers security data from across your organization using sources such as:
- Passive monitoring: Monitoring network traffic and events in real-time provides information on which assets are connected to the internet and how they communicate. It identifies new or never-before-seen devices or applications, and detects suspicious behavior as it happens.
- Active scanning: Thoroughly analyzes asset state to identify vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, malware and other weaknesses.
- Host data: Actively monitors host activities and events, including insight into access and changes.
- Intelligent connectors: Leveraging your other security investments, Tenable Security Center can integrate additional security data to improve context and analysis. Both will analyze information from a wide range of data sources including Active Directory (AD), configuration management databases (CMDBs), patch management systems, mobile device management (MDM) systems, cloud platforms and more.
- Agent scanning: Instantly audit transient or hard-to-scan assets that intermittently connect to the internet without credentials. Once installed, agents can run credentialed scans without ongoing host credentials.
Nessus Agents are lightweight programs installed locally on a host — a laptop, virtual system, desktop and/or server. Agents receive scanning instructions from a central Nessus Manager server, perform scans locally, and report vulnerability, compliance and system results back to the central server. Nessus Agents are available with Tenable Vulnerability Management and Tenable Security Center.
Nessus Agents with Tenable Security Center increase scan coverage and remove blind spots by making it easier to scan problematic assets such as those needing ongoing host credentials and offline assets. Agents also enable large-scale concurrent scanning with little network impact.
For more information on Nessus Agents, see the following resources:
Tenable Research backs Tenable Security Center, delivering world-class cyber threat intelligence, data science insights, alerts and security advisories. Tenable has one of the most extensive vulnerability and intelligence data sets in the industry with the highest CVE coverage of more than 77,000 CVEs and more than 460 Zero Days disclosed since January 2019. Tenable updates its vulnerability database each day, as new vulnerabilities emerge. Tenable Research delivers more than 100 new detections each week.
After Tenable Security Center detects a vulnerability, it provides you with detailed insight for each vulnerability detected, including:
- Vulnerability information: Name and description of the vulnerability, remediation guidance, date of discovery and date of last vulnerability observation, CPE, date patch published, patching status, plugin ID and details
- Host information: Host name, affected hosts, IP address, DNS, Mac address, NetBIOS, repositor
- Risk information: Vulnerability severity, VPR score, CVSS score and vectors, vulnerability age, known exploits, exploit code maturity, product coverage, threat intensity, threat recency, threat sources, percentage risk reduction associated with patching
Tenable Security Center provides extremely flexible reporting capabilities, utilizing more than 350 pre-built templates and a user-friendly report creation interface to easily create customized reports. The HTML5-based reports consolidate data from across your organization so you can measure and analyze your security effectiveness. Working from existing templates, you can completely customize data by deleting or adding certain components or adjusting filters to develop reports to meet your various needs.
You can develop multiple reports, each customized to provide a different view of collected data so you can deliver informative and timely reports to the appropriate teams or decision-makers within your organization. Reports can range from extremely detail-oriented to high-level summaries. Reports are available in standard PDF and CSV formats. You can schedule and automatically email reports, share to one or more specified console users and/or publish to one or more sites upon completion.
Yes. Tenable Security Center can help maintain compliance. It enables you to stay compliant with immediate visibility into your compliance posture. You can easily demonstrate adherence with predefined checks against industry standards and regulatory mandates such as ISO/IEC 27001/27002, PCI, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST SP 800-171 and CIS Critical Controls.
Tenable Security Center provides out-of-the-box, fully customizable reports and dashboards specific to leading security standards and compliance mandates. You can use them “as-is” or easily tailor them to meet your specific security and business needs. For example, you can easily create specific reports and dashboards for individual lines of business.
External Attack Surface Management is a capability offered by Tenable that provides visibility into blind spots outside of your network perimeter. This allows customers to scan their domain to find previously unknown internet-connected assets that can pose high risk to your organization.
Yes, External Attack Surface Management capabilities are offered with Tenable Security Center. If you require additional domains, frequency and/or metadata in your results you can purchase our Tenable Attack Surface Management add-ons.
Yes. Tenable Security Center integrates with other products. The suite provides out-of-the-box integrations to leverage Tenable's vulnerability insights with ticketing, patch management, SIEM, SOAR and other third-party products. Visit the Technology Ecosystem page to learn more about available integrations and ecosystem partners. You can also use Tenable Security Center’s API to develop custom integrations.
Additionally, Tenable Security Center has built-in integrations with Tenable Lumin and Tenable OT Security. Tenable Security Center Plus integrates with Tenable One, which provides hybrid vulnerability management deployments and allows on-premises customers to take advantage of an exposure management platform.
Tenable Security Center is licensed by annual subscription and priced by IP. Perpetual licensing is also available.
You can find technical documentation for Tenable Security Center and all Tenable products at https://docs.tenable.com/.