February 20, 2007
Today, Tenable released Nessus 3.1.2 for Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris which is a beta version of the upcoming Nessus 3.2. Nessus 3.2 contains the following new features:
- Experimental IPv6 support
- Improved bandwidth throttling
- Extended nessusd.rules to add support for ports and plugins
- New command 'nessuscmd' which lets you do a quick command-line scan
- Improved NASL engine
- Easy-update: Nessus can now update its own engine thru the use of a single command (nessus-update)
Detailed information about these features is available on Tenable's blog Thanks for testing this release and sending your feedback to deraison (at) nessus.org.
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver Tenable.io, the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, more than 20 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.