March 31, 2011
Reduces time-to-proficiency in security vulnerability scanning and compliance auditing for global community of over 500,000 Nessus® users
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring and creator of the popular and award-winning enterprise SecurityCenter and Nessus® vulnerability scanner, announced today the worldwide availability of its first on demand training course: Tenable Nessus Vulnerability & Compliance Auditing. This course is designed for security and compliance professionals who are seeking to quickly hone their Nessus skills to secure their networks and ensure compliance.
“On Demand Nessus Training in the Cloud gives you the practical knowledge and skills you need to start using Nessus to help secure and audit your organizations’ or customers’ networks,” said Ron Gula, CEO of Tenable Network Security. “By delivering training to the global Nessus community as an on-demand, cloud-delivered course with a hands-on lab, you will be able to increase your Nessus proficiency quickly, at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home or office, and at one-third the cost of our traditional instructor-led Nessus training.”
The Nessus Vulnerability & Compliance Auditing – On Demand Course includes:
- 16 hours of streamed training content on Nessus vulnerability scanning and compliance auditing
- Course lecture by acclaimed security expert, Marcus J. Ranum, Chief Security Officer of Tenable Network Security
- Hands-on Nessus Lab: Access to a live Nessus Training Lab in the cloud for up to five hours of hands-on, practical exercises covering vulnerability scanning and compliance auditing and reporting for Windows, Unix, network devices, firewalls, databases, and web applications
- Training completion certificate upon successful course completion
- Helps prepare professionals for the Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) certification test
“We have been a big user of Nessus for vulnerability scanning and compliance for our clients here at Aplura,“ said Daniel Deighton, Partner at Aplura, a security consulting firm focused on Federal agency security and compliance needs. “This new on demand training course allows us to quickly ramp up our security consultants on Nessus capabilities on their own time, and has really expanded our vision on what we can offer our customers using Nessus. I’d highly recommend it to anyone using or considering Nessus.”
Security and compliance professionals will learn strategies on effectively deploying and using scanners throughout the enterprise, inside DMZs and across physically separate networks, and to configure and manage:
- Agentless auditing – missing patches, non-compliant configurations
- Compliance checks – NSA, CERT, CIS, DISA-STIG, Cisco Routers
- Content audits – adult content, credit cards, social security numbers
- High-speed vulnerability discovery – optimize deployment architecture
- In-depth assessments - Discover network devices, operating systems, web applications, databases and services running P2P, spyware or common malware (e.g., Conficker, Stuxnet and hosted malicious executables)
- Scan scheduling & enhanced reporting - configure “Executive” and “Detailed reports, recurring, daily, weekly, monthly
Pricing is $495 and is available now on the Tenable online store at http://store.tenable.com or through Tenable’s subscription partners. The course must be completed within 60 days of purchase.
Tenable™, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 23,000 organizations of all sizes around the globe rely on Tenable to manage and measure their modern attack surface to accurately understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable built its platform from the ground up to deeply understand assets, networks and vulnerabilities, extending this knowledge and expertise into Tenable.io™ to deliver the world’s first platform to provide live visibility into any asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, large government agencies and mid-sized organizations across the private and public sectors. Learn more at tenable.com.