Tenable Network Security Podcast Episode 141 - "Nessus HTML5 Beta, Default Accounts, Stuxnet Redux"
- The Nessus HTML5 beta interface is now available! Try it out and send us your feedback.
- Debate: Flame, Stuxnet and other APTs are hype, but still be wary
- Check out our video channel on YouTube which contains new Nessus and SecurityCenter 4 tutorials. The "#1 Nessus is an Enterprise Tool - Top Ten Things You Didn't Know About Nessus" video is now available.
- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable website for more information about open positions.
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make product and company announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
- Want to ask questions about Nessus, SecurityCenter, LCE, and PVS and get answers from the experts at Tenable? Join Tenable's Discussion Forum for custom scripts, announcements, and more!
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
New & Notable Plugins
- SumatraPDF < 2.1 Vulnerabilities
- Flexera ActiveX Control Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0 < Fix Pack 25 Vulnerabilities
- Novell GroupWise WebAccess 8.x < 8.0.3 Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- WordPress A Page Flip Book Plugin for WordPress Local File Inclusion
- RSA Authentication Client 3.5 < 3.5.6 Local Authentication Bypass
- Magnum MNS-6K Hardcoded Admin Account
- Symantec Enterprise Vault < 10.0.2 Vulnerabilities in Oracle Outside-In Libraries (SYM12-015)
Passive Vulnerability Scanner
- Foursquare app on an Apple iOS mobile device
- Slacker application music streaming leaking information
- Slacker application music streaming on an Android mobile device
- Slacker application music streaming on an Apple iOS mobile device
Nessus ProfessionalFeed and SecurityCenter customers can download compliance checks from the Tenable Support Portal.
- Network Monitoring As A Security Tool - Dark Reading
- Bing is the most heavily poisoned search engine, study says - The Register
- What is Scaring Businesses the Most? Spear-phishing.
- In a Zero-Day World, It’s Active Attacks that Matter
- Could your phone's camera be secretly taking pictures right now? Hackers can use your lens to steal private data - and build up a 3D model of your home | Mail Online
- How millions of DSL modems were hacked in Brazil, to pay for Rio prostitutes - Naked Security
Cybersecurity News You Can Use
Enter your email and never miss timely alerts and security guidance from the experts at Tenable.