Assess Yourself Against Key Verizon 2016 DBIR Findings
Defend against today’s biggest IT security risks.
Each year, Verizon releases the Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) to provide key insights into how to manage risks and avoid security failings, as well as to help organizations of all sizes learn from the experiences of others.
Assessing Against DBIR Findings Is Challenging
It is a good security practice to regularly assess yourself against DBIR findings and recommendations. IT and business executives often want to know if their organizations are at risk based on DBIR findings. However, in order for the reports to be useful, organizations must first gather the essential data from their environments and iteratively search and filter that information so it can be compared against the DBIR findings. This can be difficult and often requires specialized knowledge.
Automate DBIR Assessment, Identify Threats, and Take Action
This white paper explains how you can use SecurityCenter Continuous View™ to assess yourself against key Verizon 2016 DBIR findings and effectively incorporate 2016 DBIR recommendations into your security program. Learn how you can:
- Identify whether the top weaknesses used by attackers, as identified in the Verizon 2016 DBIR, are in your environment
- Determine how well your organization conforms to many of the recommendations and best practices highlighted in the Verizon 2016 DBIR
- Get the visibility and context you need to take action
- Apply the findings in the Verizon 2016 DBIR to your organization to better protect your organization against threats
- Measure and communicate the effectiveness of your IT security investments within the context of DBIR findings using terms understood by both IT security leaders and the business