April 14, 2011
Uniquely actionable reports tap real-time discovery of asset, configuration and patch status, exploit information, coverage of more than 15,000 unique CVEs.
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM) and creator of the popular and award-winning enterprise SecurityCenter and Nessus® vulnerability scanner, announced today that its Unified Security Monitoring platform delivers CyberScope LASR reports to meet FISMA audit and continuous compliance requirements.
Tenable’s CyberScope reports are unique, combining real-time asset discovery, vulnerability/patch and configuration scanning mapped to the largest maintained vulnerability, exploit and malware databases containing over 45,000 plugins, 15,000 CVEs and CCEs.
- Multiple methods of vulnerability detection (active, passive and credentialed) maximize scan depth and accuracy.
- Real-time asset discovery, vulnerability detection, system analysis and compliance monitoring, ensure reports are comprehensive.
- Context and critical metadata based on real-time network event, and log monitoring ensures vulnerability and configuration data being reported for CyberScope is actionable.
- Dynamic Asset Lists are automatically updated when OS, services and applications changes are detected ensure CyberScope reports are up-to-date.
- Centralized management of sensors, analytics, dashboards and reporting.
- Federal agencies can place different organizations discretely on a single console, as well as by deploying tiered consoles. Many-leveled user, organizational, vulnerability repository and console-to-console access controls meet complex organization's CyberScope reporting needs.
- Trending functions allow analysis of security program effectiveness.
- Tenable's world-renowned research team maintains over 45,000 active and passive plugins that currently cover more than 15,000 unique CVE IDs and almost 10,000 unique Bugtraq IDs.
- All Tenable active and passive vulnerability reports include CVSS scores, CVE tags, CPE reports as well as correlation with publicly available exploitation tools.
"Tenable is uniquely positioned to provide CyberScope reporting for federal agencies by leveraging our Unified Security Monitoring Platform, which combines distributed active vulnerability scanners, credentialed agentless auditing, real-time passive network monitoring and enterprise-scale reporting," commented Ron Gula, CEO/CTO of Tenable. "We have been working closely with our Federal customers on the CyberScope reporting capability and are pleased that it can now be made available to all Federal agencies."
For more information about how Tenable's solutions can be used to achieve FISMA compliance through CyberScope reporting, please visit: http://www.tenable.com/solutions/compliance-solutions/government-compliance/CyberScope-0
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver Tenable.io®, the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include 53 percent of the Fortune 500, 29 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.