October 19, 2011
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM), announced today that four thought leaders from Tenable’s team have been selected to speak at RSA Conference 2012. Tenable is one of only a few notable security providers in the history of the event to be selected for four or more speaking sessions – highlighting the company’s deep bench of security experts.
“Security professionals today are faced with more challenges than ever – from increasing regulatory pressure to advanced, targeted cyber threats,” said Jack Huffard, President and COO of Tenable Network Security. “We’re on the front lines with our clients, helping them achieve the real-time, continuous monitoring necessary to keep them ahead of emerging threats and network-based attacks.”
The presentations will cover a wide variety of pressing security topics, including:
- Rising to the Challenge of Vulnerability Management in an IPv6 World: Featuring Tenable CEO, Ron Gula
- The proliferation of IP addresses presents a challenge to the most basic security strategies. This panel discussion offers new techniques to help implement foundational security best practices in IPv6 networks.
- Cyber War: You’re Doing it Wrong!: By Tenable CSO, Marcus Ranum
- This presentation sorts through misleading and inaccurate discussions surrounding cyber crime, cyber espionage, and cyber terror, and explains why ‘cyber war’ is – in all forms – both technologically and militarily impractical.
- Burnout in Information Security Careers: Featuring Tenable Product Manager, Jack Daniel
- Stress, burnout, rage, despair- all common experiences too many in the IT security community. This panel will discuss the issues, compare and contrast them to other industries, and offer advice on how to recognize stress in ourselves and others, and steps that can be taken to combat it.
- Offensive Countermeasures: Making Attackers’ Lives Miserable: By Tenable Product Evangelist, Paul Asadoorian
- This presentation offers a collection of tools to fend off attackers, attribute who is attacking you and, finally, with authorization and legal approval, attack the attackers.
Tenable’s continued success comes from its unique approach to helping enterprises and government agencies secure their networks from targeted attacks, internal misuse and compliance violations. The company’s award-winning technology is the only solution which provides continuous assessment and monitoring of vulnerability, patch, configuration, log, event, network and threat intelligence across virtual, cloud and mobile assets into a single console. Live dashboards, standardized reports and 3D visualization automates analysis and reporting for executive management, for auditors and security practitioners.
Tenable™, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations of all sizes around the globe rely on Tenable to manage and measure their modern attack surface to accurately understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable built its platform from the ground up to deeply understand assets, networks and vulnerabilities, extending this knowledge and expertise into Tenable.io™ to deliver the world’s first platform to provide live visibility into any asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include over 50 percent of the Fortune 500, large government agencies and organizations across the private and public sectors. Learn more at tenable.com.