February 24, 2012
Four Tenable thought leaders featured in six speaking engagements at top industry event
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM), has announced that four thought leaders from Tenable's team have been selected to speak in six different speaking tracks at RSA Conference 2012, highlighting the company's deep bench of security experts.
Tenable is one of the only security providers in @RSAconference history to have four or more speakers.
"Security professionals today are faced with more challenges than ever — from increasing regulatory pressure to advanced, targeted cyber threats," said Jack Huffard, President and COO of Tenable Network Security. "We're on the front lines with our clients, helping them achieve the real-time, continuous monitoring necessary to keep them ahead of emerging threats and network-based attacks."
The presentations will cover a wide variety of pressing security topics, including:
- Rising to the Challenge of Vulnerability Management in an IPv6 World: FeaturingTenable CEO, @RonGula — Thursday, March 1, 8:00 AM, Room 307
- The proliferation of IP addresses presents a challenge to the most basic security strategies. This panel discussion offers new techniques to help implement foundational security best practices in IPv6 networks.
- Cyber War: You're Doing it Wrong!: By Tenable CSO, Marcus Ranum — Wednesday, February 29, 8:00 AM Room, 102
- This presentation sorts through misleading and inaccurate discussions surrounding cyber crime, cyber espionage, and cyber terror, and explains why ‘cyber war' is — in all forms — both technologically and militarily impractical.
- Burnout in Information Security Careers: Featuring Tenable product manager, @Jack_Daniel –Monday, February 27, 12:30 PM, Room 302
- Stress, burnout, rage, despair — all common experiences too many in the IT security community. This panel will discuss the issues, compare and contrast them to other industries, and offer advice on how to recognize stress in ourselves and others, and steps that can be taken to combat it.
- Offensive Countermeasures: Making Attackers' Lives Miserable: By Tenable product evangelist, Paul Asadoorian — Thursday, March 1, 10:40 AM, Room 304
- This presentation offers a collection of tools to fend off attackers, attribute who is attacking you and, finally, with authorization and legal approval, attack the attackers.
- Software Liability: Our Saving Grace or Kiss of Death? Featuring Marcus Ranum — Wednesday, Feb 29, 12 PM, Room 134
- Nobody refutes the notion that we want more secure code; it is getting there that is the challenge - and also the focus of this debate. Software liability is oft-cited as one potential approach to creating more secure code. Clearly, there are strong advocates and as strong detractors. Today is the day we work everything out and decide whether software liability would be our saving grace or the kiss of death.
- What Works in Log Analysis: By Jack Daniel — Wednesday, February 29, 2:10 PM, Room 112
- Some people only seek what they wish to find, others seek the unknown — it applies to log analysis as well as it does to life. This P2P session will share ideas and methods for getting the greatest value out of our log management and analysis tools.
In addition, Tenable CEO Ron Gula will be speaking on a panel at Security B-Sides San Francisco, running concurrently with the 2012 RSA Conference.
- 2012: The End of Security Stupidity: Featuring Ron Gula — Tuesday, February 28, 11 AM, Track 1 Children's Creativity Museum (221 Fourth Street San Francisco, CA)
For more information about Tenable Network Security at RSA and a complete list of scheduled demo's presentation and booth activity, please visit our website.
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver Tenable.io®, the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, more than 20 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.