Tenable Network Security Receives Highest Rating of "Strong Positive" in Leading Analyst Firm Vulnerability Assessment MarketScope Report
August 14, 2012
Unique Network based Vulnerability Monitoring Technology Addresses New Security and Compliance Challenges
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM), today announced that its flagship vulnerability assessment solution, SecurityCenter™ received a "Strong Positive" rating in Gartner's 2012 MarketScope for Vulnerability Assessment(1) — the highest possible rating a technology solution can receive in a Gartner MarketScope report.
“The increasing ubiquity of emerging technologies such as mobile, cloud, and virtual is driving fundamental changes in vulnerability management,” said Ron Gula, Chief Executive Officer of Tenable Network Security. “We greatly appreciate Gartner’s recognition of our contributions to vulnerability management. Our unique passive monitoring capabilities allow us to combine traditional vulnerability scanning with all-the-time network monitoring in a single platform addressing these new security and compliance challenges.”
A complimentary copy of Gartner’s full report can be downloaded from Tenable’s website. According to the report, “Vulnerability scanning is a critical part of a vulnerability management process, but vulnerability assessment (VA) scanning must be augmented with other technologies and analytics for enterprises to realize effective protection from advanced targeted threats.”
The recently announced newest edition of our flagship product, SecurityCenter – Continuous View uniquely combines scanning and patented monitoring technology, to help organizations manage risk from:
- IOS, Android and other Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – device vulnerabilities captured with real time detection and integrated data from leading mobile device management solutions.
- Devices compromised – with malicious process and botnet communications
- Cloud app usage – like Dropbox, communicating sensitive data
- Virtual system – vulnerabilities including Amazon EC2, VMware ESX
- Attack Paths – hidden exploitable routes to sensitive assets
SecurityCenter Continuous View’s new licensing model ensures changes in network complexity are covered without additional cost.
SecurityCenter solutions are built upon our Unified Security Monitoring platform of products:
- Scanning – Our industry standard security, configuration and compliance auditor Nessus® is integrated with the leading patch management, mobile device management and threat and malicious process detection solutions. The Tenable Perimeter Service® delivers Nessus® scanning as a PCI ASV service.
- Monitoring – PVS™, patented network based vulnerability detection captures vulnerabilities and threats, and misuse in mobile, cloud and virtual infrastructure. The Log Correlation Engine® monitors logs and events from hundreds of systems, uniquely correlating this data with vulnerability and threat information identifying misuse, misbehavior and malicious access.
- Analysis and communication – SecurityCenter comes with hundreds of predefined reports and dashboards that leverage our industry standard scanning and innovative monitoring technologies to communicate real time security, compliance and IT risk to auditors, security administrators, and IT executives.
Tenable Network Security’s continued success comes from its unique approach to helping enterprises and government agencies secure their networks from targeted attacks, internal misuse, and compliance violations. The company’s Unified Security Monitoring platform is the only solution which provides continuous assessment and monitoring of vulnerability, patch, configuration, log, event, network, and threat intelligence across virtual, cloud, and mobile assets into a single database. Live dashboards, standardized reports, and advanced data visualization automate analysis and reporting for executive management, auditors, and security practitioners.
(1) Gartner, Inc., MarketScope for Vulnerability Assessment, Kelly Kavanagh, August 10, 2012.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.