Tenable Network Security Delivers New Edition of Unified Security Monitoring™ Platform
April 17, 2012
SecurityCenter Version 4.4 Enhances Vulnerability Management through Performance Improvements, Enhanced Reporting and User Interfaces, Improved Integration, and More
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM), today announced the availability of SecurityCenter version 4.4. The central component of Tenable's USM platform, SecurityCenter provides robust enterprise security monitoring by uniquely combining active and passive vulnerability assessment with log and event monitoring to create intelligent and actionable reports and real-time and flexible dashboards for security and compliance.
SecurityCenter is the industry's only real time, continuous vulnerability monitoring solution that can detect vulnerabilities 24x7 and pinpoint targeted attacks, internal misuse and compliance violations in virtual, social and mobile environments. The solution prioritizes risks by correlating threat intelligence, statistical event and log analysis, and attack path analysis.
SecurityCenter v4.4 includes dramatic performance gains, improved integration with other management systems, reporting and user interface enhancements, and many other new features:
- Dramatically improved performance, with the implementation of a new XML-RPC-based interface that both speeds cross-system communications connections and adds fault-tolerance and improved reliability.
- Easy report template and information sharing. The latest reports, designed by Tenable experts, can be downloaded from the new Tenable SecurityCenter Enterprise Reporting blog, imported into SecurityCenter, and used immediately, customized, or exported to share with others.
- Easy access to over 100 pre-defined Quick Reports, including SANS Consensus Audit Guidelines, Center for Internet Security Audits, FISMA compliance indicators, HIPAA compliance checks, OWASP, PCI, and other IT and patch audit reports.
- Simplified analysis and assessment through new data visualization displays that use charts and color-coding to indicate the number and severity of vulnerabilities based on IP addresses, host names, and asset groups.
- Broader views of vulnerability and risk status through new integration with Tenable's cloud-based Nessus Perimeter Service. Scan results from the service — recently approved as a PCI ASV — can now be reported alongside data from all other scans of an organization's internal network.
- Improved integration with GRC, SIEM, IDS, firewall analysis, and other systems that support Nessus reporting. SecurityCenter now exports scan data in the Nessus v2 format, simplifying sharing and increasing the granularity of shared vulnerability and configuration data.
- Easier web application security assessments with enhanced support for identifying virtual hosts by URL, rather than just IP address.
- Easier policy creation and result analysis with support for scanning by DNS host name.
- Improved authentication capabilities, with support for the use of digital certificates with SecurityCenter, and support for smartcard authentication (including U.S. Department of Defense's Common Access Card (CAC)).
"SecurityCenter's reporting, analysis, and visualization capabilities provide organizations with the essential information they need to continuously optimize the decisions they make about emerging threats, important operations and security processes, and even the overall level of risk they're managing" said Ron Gula, CEO of Tenable Network Security. "The enhancements and new features we're providing in SecurityCenter version 4.4 deliver actionable intelligence and even more comprehensive visibility, faster and easier than ever before — arming organizations with the ability to safeguard assets across the enterprise from a single console."
Tenable's SecurityCenter version 4.4 is available now. For a full list of enhancements and updates to please visit the Tenable website.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.