Tenable Announces the Release of Nessus 3.0.3
May 22, 2006
Tenable Network Security, Inc. is proud to announce the immediate availability of Nessus 3.0.3 (build 180). Nessus 3.0.3 fixes several bugs and adds some enhancements over Nessus 3.0.2 and adds support for the Microsoft Windows and Sun Solaris operating systems. This release contains the following fixes and improvements:
- nessusd would stop in a middle of a scan if the log file is bigger than 2 gigabytes
- nessusd would stop in a middle of a scan due to a hard to trigger one-byte memory overwrite issue
- ping/packet forgery would fail when scanning a network over a NIC which was not enabled when nessusd initially started up
- Performance problems would arise when reading/writing KB files when scanning big networks
- nasl -T - script.nasl now makes script debugging easier
- Slightly faster initial plugins processing
- More robust plugins database backend
- On Mac OS X, users can be managed graphically thru the Nessus Server Manager program
- Updated the plugins distributed with the archive
Nessus 3.0.3 is available immediately for Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Solaris and as a public beta for Microsoft Windows.
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.