Tenable Announces the Beta Release of Nessus 3.0.2 for Mac OS X
March 29, 2006
Tenable is pleased to announce the availability of Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X 10.4. Nessus for Mac OS X is not just a port of the UNIX server to the Mac environment, it also bundles a native interface to manage the server and the client.
The Mac OS X Nessus Client sports the following features:
- Session-based: A 'session' is a set of targets, policies and results. A session may contain multiple scan results ;
- File-based: Each session is stored as a unique file on disk. This file can then be easily moved around to another host by email, ftp, etc... ;
- Multiple scans in parallel: You can create multiple sessions in parallel (File->New) and each session can perform a scan;
- Real-time results: The results can be viewed and worked on in real time
- Universal Binary: Nessus for Mac OS X natively runs on PPC and Intel CPUs
Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X is available at: http://www.nessus.org/download/
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.