March 29, 2006
Tenable is pleased to announce the availability of Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X 10.4. Nessus for Mac OS X is not just a port of the UNIX server to the Mac environment, it also bundles a native interface to manage the server and the client.
The Mac OS X Nessus Client sports the following features:
- Session-based: A 'session' is a set of targets, policies and results. A session may contain multiple scan results ;
- File-based: Each session is stored as a unique file on disk. This file can then be easily moved around to another host by email, ftp, etc... ;
- Multiple scans in parallel: You can create multiple sessions in parallel (File->New) and each session can perform a scan;
- Real-time results: The results can be viewed and worked on in real time
- Universal Binary: Nessus for Mac OS X natively runs on PPC and Intel CPUs
Nessus 3.0.2 (beta) for Mac OS X is available at: http://www.nessus.org/download/
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver Tenable.io®, the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include 53 percent of the Fortune 500, 29 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.