Tenable Announces Beta Release of Nessus 3.1.4
June 7, 2007
Today, Tenable released Nessus 3.1.4 beta. Here are the main changes compared to Nessus 3.1.3:
- 64 bits builds (for Debian 4 and Red Hat ES 5 only at this time)
- Fedora Core 7 build
- Better support for IPv6. In particular, the functions get_local_mac_addr() / get_gw_mac_addr() work when dealing with an IPv6 host
- Fixed a bug related to the maximum number of TCP sessions set in parallel and which would cause nessusd to use more CPU than what is necessary
- Added several fixes in the NASL interpreter. In some cases, a copy-on-write operation would not be detected properly thus leading to incorrect modifications of some variables
- Fixed nessuscmd which would not be able to use the local nessus daemon any more
- The 'nessus' command-line utility can now produce the same report type (.nessus) as the Mac OS X client
- Several other smaller bug fixes as well as further optimizations to reduce memory usage.
The whole Nessus 3.1.x series is considered as being in beta. When it reaches production quality, it will be labeled Nessus 3.2.x. The main list of changes between Nessus 3.2 and Nessus 3.0 is available on Tenable's blog
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.