July 27, 2006
The Tenable Research Team is happy to announce the immediate availability of 'smbshell'. 'smbshell' is a pre-compiled NASL script which can be used from any Nessus 3 installation to interact with a remote windows host on top of port 139 or 445. smbshell can be used to:
- Navigate thru the remote SMB shares and download files or obtain their version number
- Read/Enumerate the remote SMB registry
- Query/Start/Stop/Pause remote services
- Query information about the remote users / groups
- Obtain an interactive shell (cmd.exe) on the remote host
Tenable®, Inc. is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 24,000 organizations around the globe rely on Tenable to understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable extended its expertise in vulnerabilities to deliver Tenable.io®, the world’s first platform to see and secure any digital asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include 53 percent of the Fortune 500, 29 percent of the Global 2000 and large government agencies. Learn more at tenable.com.