smbshell.nbin 0.2 Now Available
July 27, 2006
The Tenable Research Team is happy to announce the immediate availability of 'smbshell'. 'smbshell' is a pre-compiled NASL script which can be used from any Nessus 3 installation to interact with a remote windows host on top of port 139 or 445. smbshell can be used to:
- Navigate thru the remote SMB shares and download files or obtain their version number
- Read/Enumerate the remote SMB registry
- Query/Start/Stop/Pause remote services
- Query information about the remote users / groups
- Obtain an interactive shell (cmd.exe) on the remote host
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our email alerts for new press releases.