Tenable Podcast Episode 40
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 40
Hosts: Paul Asadoorian, Product Evangelist
- One new blog post has been published this week (several more are in the queue!):
- New Nessus training is now being offered at conferences! - The new course titled "Advanced Vulnerability Scanning Techniques Using Nessus" is now being offered at both Black Hat Las Vegas 2010 and BruCon 2010. It's a two-day course that will put students into a real-world environment where they will have to solve problems and identify vulnerabilities using the advanced features of the Nessus vulnerability scanner.
- Be certain to check out our video channel on YouTube that contains the latest Nessus tutorials.
- We're hiring! - Visit the web site for more information about open positions. There are currently 9 open positions listed, including a Digital/Web Strategy Coordinator.
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make various announcements, list Nessus plugin statistics and more!
Dennis Brown - Evil Malware, PDF Attacks, and more!
This week we are jumping right into an interview with Tenable security researcher Dennis Brown. Dennis and Paul talk about some of the more popular malware being used in the wild and how to use Nessus configuration auditing to detect the malware on systems. Below are the articles on the Nessus Discussion Forums that we reference (links below require a free registration):
- Warbot Audit now available
- Audit for Storm/Pecoan.AG
- SpyEye Leak, Nessus Audit
- Update to the Blacklist Perl Script/TASL
- Detecting the TDSS/TDL3/Tidserv rootkit with Nessus
Are You Vulnerable to the Latest Exploits?
Enter your email to receive the latest cyber exposure alerts in your inbox.