Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 7
- New blog post going up today on the experiences at Cyberdawn, a cyber exercise that puts hackers against defenders in a realistic environment.
- Attention Security Center customers! A new version of Security Center, 3.4.5, has been released and is available for download in the customer support portal (Security Center customers can find the release notes the discussion portal). It includes such improvements as web application scanning support.
- Paul Asadoorian was interviewed on Securabit Episode 40 and discusses all things Nessus and some of the features in our enterprise products such as Security Center and the Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS)
- Paul Asadoorian spoke at the Louisville Infosec conference on web application security on October 7, 2009
- As always be sure to check out our blog at http://blog.tenablesecurity.com
Interview: John Bos - Cybrex, LLC
- Critical Flaw In Adobe Reader (0Day) - Adobe continues to present exploitable vulnerabilities on the client.
- The Importance Of Vulnerability Management - This article references a whitepaper from Dark Reading Room on vulnerability management. It should be clear that Tenable's Nessus vulnerability scanner contains more functionality than remotely assessing vulnerabilities and "exploiting" them. You can also use Nessus to perform patch and configuration audits, as outlined in the blog post "Top 3 Things You Should Know About Nessus"
- Lessons Learned: Vulnerability and Expectations Management - This is a great story, okay maybe not great if you are using a certain Anti-Virus vendors products, on how Nessus helped someone determine that patched systems were indeed still vulnerable.
- Updated FDCC Policies Available - If you are using Nessus, or working to ensure FDCC compliance in your organization, please note there are new policies available based on recent changes to the FDCC standards.
- Oct 15 - Ron Gula will be participating at the 2009 San Francisco CISO Executive Summit
- October 26-27 - Tenable will be at the Techno Forensics conference in githersburg, MD
- October 26-30 - 5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference in Baltimore, MD
- November 6-7 Dojocon