Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 55
Hosts: Paul Asadoorian, Product Evangelist & Kelly Todd, Compliance Analyst
- Several new blog posts have been published this week, including:
- Be certain to check out our video channel on YouTube that contains the latest Nessus and SecurityCenter 4 tutorials.
- We're hiring! - Visit the web site for more information about open positions.
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make various announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics and more!
- Joomla! - Is one software more secure than another?
- Ninja: A Privilege Escalation Detection and Prevention System! - "Ninja is a privilege escalation detection and prevention system for GNU/Linux hosts. While running, it will monitor process activity on the local host, and keep track of all processes running as root. If a process is spawned with UID or GID zero (root), ninja will log necessary information about this process, and optionally kill the process if it was spawned by an unauthorized user."
- New Tool Released - HTTP sessions & Social Networking - "When it comes to user privacy, SSL is the elephant in the room" said Eric Butler
- Apple Closes FaceTime For Mac Security Hole - Software security may be a problem, but then there is stuff like this.
- 12-year old Finds Buffer Overflow in Firefox - gets $3,000
- Least Common Denominator - How do we solve the problem where 1% of the users drive a large percentage of the software's functionality and features?