CSuperhost Spycams and Compromised CMSes
In this episode Bill and Gavin discuss dodgy Superhost spying on their guests, SharePoint issues and weaknesses affecting the elderly. Gavin also interviews the delightful Jenny Radcliffe, the People Hacker, about social engineering.
- Airbnb Superhost’s creepy spycam sniffed out by sleuthing infosec pro
- SharePoint servers under attack through CVE-2019-0604
- Open source bug poses a threat to sites running multiple CMSes
- Dhound Chatbot: open domains, IP addresses
- Unless you want your payment card data skimmed, avoid these commerce sites
- EXPLOITING 10,000+ DEVICES USED BY BRITAIN’S MOST VULNERABLE
Correct Horse Burrito Staple
In this episode Bill and Gavin talk easy to guess passwords, the Beapy Cryptojacking worm sweeping through Asia and hungry cybercriminals leveraging credential stuffing attacks
- 10 most hacked passwords
- The Chipotle Hack And The Troubling Trend Of Credential Stuffing
- New zero-day vulnerability CVE-2019-0859 in win32k.sys
- Beapy: Cryptojacking Worm Hits Enterprises in China
Break into Bills house with this one simple trick
- Corporate giants want to help students, feds and themselves by offering cyber pros $75,000 in loan assistance
- Cool blog entry about building going "smart"
- Owning WPA3
- All about Man in the Middle Attacks
- Now you see Cancer, now you don't
- Windows 3.1 installed where?
- The ubiquity of WordPress plugins
- Who is the group named Triton?
- Ponemon Report (registration required)
- Ted Gary's Blog entry
Four phones, two laptops and a malware laden USB stick walk into a bar...
In this episode, Bill tries to track Merger and Acquisition activity with children's GPS devices, Gavin highlights the issues of hiding malware in BIOS and Thom Langford from TL(2) joins to give a CISO's perspective.
- Motherboard flaws can lead to hidden malware
- Mar-a-lago physical security failure
- Game of Thrones torrents packing nasty surprises
- Researcher prints PWNED! on hundreds of GPS watches
CYBER EXPOSURE PODCAST
Conversations and interviews related to Cyber Exposure, vulnerability management, and security overall. We are pleased to have you as a listener and welcome your feedback at [email protected]. If you are interested in being a guest, let us know at the same email address.
Bill Olson is a Tenable Technical Director, responsible for product strategy and direction. Bill works closely with our customers to understand their needs in vulnerability management and continuous network monitoring. He is passionate about building better solutions to improve customers’ security posture and programs.
Gavin Millard is a trained, ethical hacker who works with medium and large enterprises to address their cybersecurity challenges. With a deep understanding of how attackers plot a breach, he helps bring these companies to a trusted state of IT infrastructure. He previously worked as the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) technical director for Tripwire. He has also spoken frequently on data integrity, hacking and other key security topics.