Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 9
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 9
- New blog post & video "Using Nessus To Audit Microsoft Patches"
- Tenable placed 270th on the Deloitte Fast 500 2009 list, Nessus was awarded a Silver "Reader's Choice" award from Information Security Magazine, and another "Reader's Choice" award from WindowsSecurity.com
- We're hiring! - Visit the web site for more information about open positions
- Tenable Tweets - You find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make various announcements, Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
Interview: Andrew Hay
Andrew Hay is a Canadian security professional, author, and speaker living in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. In this interview we talk about securing university environment, SecTor, and much more!
- Ron Gula and I have a chat about the recent Rapid 7 Acquisition of Metasploit.
- Scan of Internet Uncovers Thousands of Vulnerable Embedded Devices - Researchers scanning the internet for vulnerable embedded devices have found nearly 21,000 routers, webcams and VoIP products open to remote attack.
- Time Warner cable modem/router major security hole - 65,000 devices were found to be vulnerable to a vulnerability that allows remote management. Not only that, the devices were configured to use WEP to "protect" the wireless network.
- Scanning Embedded Systems In The Enterprise With Nessus - See our article on the topic of embedded device security and how you can use Nessus to audit the security of these devices.
- "Evil Maid" Attacks on Encrypted Hard Drives - Excellent article summarizing some of the attacks that could allow attackers to unlock your encrypted hard drive.
- Whitehouse Drupal and The Open Source Security Model - Great article by RSnake who makes a point about open source software, you can pen test it all day long without sending any packets to your target organization.
- October 26-27 - Tenable will be at the Techno Forensics conference in githersburg, MD
- October 26-30 - 5th Annual IT Security Automation Conference in Baltimore, MD
- November 6-7 Dojocon
Are You Vulnerable to the Latest Exploits?
Enter your email to receive the latest cyber exposure alerts in your inbox.