Today we launched a new look for our blog with the goal of making it easier for you to find the security content you’re looking for.
Our bloggers are recognized as some of the most experienced and well-respected security experts around the world. They include Ron Gula, Renaud Deraison, Marcus Ranum, Jack Daniel, Paul Asadoorian, Dick Bussiere, Craig Shumard, Gavin Millard, Cris Thomas aka Space Rogue , Jeff Man, Ken Bechtel and others. Through this blog they share their insights and commentary on trends, as well as information about how our products help customers protect their organizations and do their jobs better.
Today’s posts include Craig Shumard on working with your board on security issues, Jack Daniel on the state of security in the financial sector, and Paul Asadoorian on what manufacturers should do to make “Things” connected to the Internet safer. Stay tuned for Jeff Man on his observations around PCI in light of the recent spate of breaches.
I’d also like to share a list of some our past blog’s “greatest hits,” which readers have returned to time and again:
- How Gaps in Pen Testing and Intrusion Detection Paved the Path to Continuous Monitoring, by Ron Gula (8/5/14)
- Detect the Latest OpenSSL Vulnerabilities Using Active and Passive Scanning, by Paul Asadoorian (6/6/14)
- Understanding NIST’s Cybersecurity Framework, by Cris Thomas aka Space Rogue (4/8/14)
- True White-Knuckled Stories of Metrics in Action: Sylvan, by Marcus Ranum (4/2/14)
- Who Better to Target than the Person that Already Has the ‘Keys to the Kingdom’? by Ron Gula (3/26/14)
- Malware’s Journey from Hobby to Profit-Driven Attacks, by Ken Bechtel (3/24/14)
- Detecting Snowden - The Insider Threat, by Paul Asadoorian (2/12/14)
- Do You Have HVAC Systems on Your Internal Network? by Ron Gula (2/10/14)
These posts will continue to be available in our new format. And please come back often to see what’s new, or subscribe to our RSS feed.