Nessus 3.2 BETA - New 3.1.4 point release
Today, Tenable released Nessus 3.1.4 beta. Here are the main changes compared to Nessus 3.1.3 :
- 64 bit OS builds for Debian 4 and Red Hat ES 5
- Fedora Core 7 build
- Improved support for IPv6. In particular, the functions get_local_mac_addr() and get_gw_mac_addr() work when dealing with an IPv6 host
- Fixed a bug related to the maximum number of TCP sessions set in parallel, which would cause nessusd to use more CPU than what is necessary
- Added several fixes in the NASL interpreter. In some cases, a copy-on-write operation would not be detected properly thus leading to incorrect modifications of some variables
- Fixed a bug in nessuscmd which would not be able to use the local nessusd daemon
- The nessus command-line utility can now produce the same report type (.nessus) as the Mac OS X client
- Several other smaller bug fixes as well as further optimizations to reduce memory usage.
The Nessus 3.1.x series is considered as being in beta. When it reaches production quality, it will be labeled Nessus 3.2.x. The main list of changes between Nessus 3.2 and Nessus 3.0 is available in these previous posts:
- Nessus 3.2 BETA - IPv6 Scanning
- Nessus 3.2 BETA - Example WMI Usage
- Nessus 3.2 BETA - Available for testing
Nessus 3.1.4 can be obtained from the nessus.org web site.
Are You Vulnerable to the Latest Exploits?
Enter your email to receive the latest cyber exposure alerts in your inbox.