October 19, 2011
Tenable Network Security, Inc., the leader in Unified Security Monitoring (USM), announced today that four thought leaders from Tenable’s team have been selected to speak at RSA Conference 2012. Tenable is one of only a few notable security providers in the history of the event to be selected for four or more speaking sessions – highlighting the company’s deep bench of security experts.
“Security professionals today are faced with more challenges than ever – from increasing regulatory pressure to advanced, targeted cyber threats,” said Jack Huffard, President and COO of Tenable Network Security. “We’re on the front lines with our clients, helping them achieve the real-time, continuous monitoring necessary to keep them ahead of emerging threats and network-based attacks.”
The presentations will cover a wide variety of pressing security topics, including:
- Rising to the Challenge of Vulnerability Management in an IPv6 World: Featuring Tenable CEO, Ron Gula
- The proliferation of IP addresses presents a challenge to the most basic security strategies. This panel discussion offers new techniques to help implement foundational security best practices in IPv6 networks.
- Cyber War: You’re Doing it Wrong!: By Tenable CSO, Marcus Ranum
- This presentation sorts through misleading and inaccurate discussions surrounding cyber crime, cyber espionage, and cyber terror, and explains why ‘cyber war’ is – in all forms – both technologically and militarily impractical.
- Burnout in Information Security Careers: Featuring Tenable Product Manager, Jack Daniel
- Stress, burnout, rage, despair- all common experiences too many in the IT security community. This panel will discuss the issues, compare and contrast them to other industries, and offer advice on how to recognize stress in ourselves and others, and steps that can be taken to combat it.
- Offensive Countermeasures: Making Attackers’ Lives Miserable: By Tenable Product Evangelist, Paul Asadoorian
- This presentation offers a collection of tools to fend off attackers, attribute who is attacking you and, finally, with authorization and legal approval, attack the attackers.
Tenable’s continued success comes from its unique approach to helping enterprises and government agencies secure their networks from targeted attacks, internal misuse and compliance violations. The company’s award-winning technology is the only solution which provides continuous assessment and monitoring of vulnerability, patch, configuration, log, event, network and threat intelligence across virtual, cloud and mobile assets into a single console. Live dashboards, standardized reports and 3D visualization automates analysis and reporting for executive management, for auditors and security practitioners.
About Tenable Network Security
Tenable Network Security provides continuous network monitoring to identify vulnerabilities, reduce risk and ensure compliance. Our family of products includes SecurityCenter Continuous View™, which provides the most comprehensive and integrated view of network health, and Nessus®, the global standard in detecting and assessing network data. Tenable is relied upon by many of the world’s largest corporations, not-for-profit organizations and public sector agencies, including the entire U.S. Department of Defense. For more information, please visit tenable.com.