What Type of Information Does Tenable Collect?
Tenable may also collect other information that does not reveal specific individual identity, such as browser or device information, information collected through cookies and other technologies that are used to facilitate Tenable’s operation of the Site and other business purposes. Tenable may also identify and log automatically in our servers, or in third party log files, IP Addresses whenever You access our site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited.
How Does Tenable Collect My Information?
Tenable may collect Personally Identifiable Information from You through our Sites at different events: such as when You request a demo; register for a webinar, event or promotion; contact us via email or live chat; subscribe to our newsletter; respond to a survey; register for our partner programs; download content; access customer support portals; or when You purchase, register or apply online for products or services.
Tenable may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from You offline such as during phone calls and meeting with sales and support representatives, when You attend our events, or when You contact customer service.
Tenable may also obtain information about You from other sources such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties.
How Does Tenable Use My Information?
We may use Your Personally Identifiable Information, as well as Your name, email address, telephone number, and/or mailing address:
- to deliver the services You request;
- to evaluate Your registration or application for our products and services;
- to process Your payment of products and software;
- to process Your request for information;
- to contact You if Tenable needs more information;
- to contact You in connection with Your inappropriate use of the Site;
- for internal marketing purposes to obtain feedback on our products, the Site or on other aspects of our business;
- to send administrative information to You, such as information regarding the Site and changes to our terms and policies;
- to notify You of new products, services, webinars and training sessions that we think may be of interest to You;
- to send You promotional materials;
- to collaborate with other companies and people to perform tasks on Your behalf and to provide products or services to You;
- to allow You to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer such activities. Promotions may have additional rules which may contain additional terms about how we use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information;
- to share Personally Identifiable Information with a business partner or other third party sponsors to promotions; and
- to provide You with newsletters.
Tenable may also disclose Your Personally Identifiable Information if necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from government authorities;
- to enforce Tenable’s terms of service;
- to protect Tenable’s operations or those of any of our Affiliates;
- to protect Tenable’s rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our Affiliates or others.
Tenable may also use a third party to process Your Personally Identifiable Information, including a third party for credit and debit card processing for online sales and credit card transactions, and third party marketing and lead generation platforms, in which case we will allow such third parties to access Your Personally Identifiable Information. We may also transfer Your Personally Identifiable Information to our authorized resellers for the purpose of further marketing our products to You.
Tenable uses IP addresses to calculate usage levels of the Site, help identify issues with its servers and security incidents, administer the Site and monitor the region from which You navigate to the Site. Tenable may also use anonymous information, such as aggregate data about visitors to the Site, to determine how to improve the Site, marketing and services, to determine how visitors find out about the Site and which of our online services most interest visitors to the Site. Tenable may share anonymous information with third parties.
Does Tenable Collect Information About Children?
We respect the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to register, purchase or apply online for our products, services, promotions and other activities. If You are under the age of eighteen (18), please do not provide us with any type of information about Yourself. Tenable is not liable for any information provided to us by a person under the age of eighteen (18).
What Type of Safeguards Does Tenable Use?
The security and confidentiality of Your Personally Identifiable Information is extremely important to Tenable. Tenable continuously implements organizational, technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect Your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, improper use and unauthorized access, disclosure and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measure is perfect or impenetrable and therefore there is always some risk assumed by sharing Personally Identifiable Information online. If You have reason to believe Your account has been compromised, please immediately notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If an unauthorized party gains access to the Site, Tenable shall not be liable for any information that is accessed or compromised.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident who has provided Tenable with Personally Identifiable Information (a “California Customer”) is entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of Personally Identifiable Information that Tenable has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In accordance with California law, Tenable will, in response to Your written request, provide You with the means to choose not to have Your information shared.
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by emailing: email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer per year and are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
May I Correct or Update My Info?
You may update or correct Your information collected on the Site by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: January 13, 2016
Discover the solution that's right for you.Try Now