Tenable Network Security Podcast Episode 181 - "SecurityCenter 4.7 Released, PHP Vulnerabilities"
- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable website for more information about open positions.
- Check out our video channel on YouTube which contains new Nessus and SecurityCenter tutorials.
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make product and company announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
- Want to ask questions about Nessus, SecurityCenter, LCE, and PVS and get answers from the experts at Tenable? Join Tenable's Discussion Forum for custom scripts, announcements, and more!
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
Discussion & Highlighted Plugins
- A new version of SecurityCenter has been released this week.
- I read an interesting post this week about security metrics. It was a little story about how the person responsible for security gave a quarterly presentation to management. It didn't contain much in the way of metrics, but offered up an entertaining look at the threats, defenses, and general happenings surrounding security. After the presentation, he had support for budget, but purposely left out metrics, claiming they could hurt the security budget. What are appropriate metrics? How can they help or hurt you?
- Both Nessus and the Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) got updated this week for detecting vulnerabilities in PHP itself. One of the world's most widely deployed web server technologies, now with more patches to apply. Not only are there concerns about the applications being built on the platform, but also the platform itself. What can users do to protect themselves from being yet another PHP vulnerability?
New & Notable Plugins
- HP LoadRunner lrLRIServices ActiveX Control Code Execution Vulnerability
- DotNetNuke __dnnVariable Parameter XSS
- PHP 5.4.x < 5.4.18 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- PHP 5.5.x < 5.5.2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Sun SPARC Enterprise T5120 and T5220 Default Configuration Root Command Execution Vulnerability
- HP LoadRunner < 11.52 Code Execution
- RSA Authentication Agent Installed
- Apple QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component Vulnerability
- Cisco Unified Presence Server DoS (cisco-sa-20120912-cupxcp)
- Cisco Unified Presence Server DoS (cisco-sa-20130227-cups)
- DotNetNuke DNNArticle Module categoryid Parameter SQL Injection
- Google Chrome < 29.0.1547.57 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- PowerDNS Recursor 3.3.x / 3.4.x / 3.5 RC1 Domain Name Resolving Vulnerability
- RSA Authentication Agent 7.1.x < 7.1.2 Authentication Bypass
- Tumbleweed SecureTransport vcst_eu.dll ActiveX Control Buffer Overflows
- CiscoWorks Common Services Installed
- CiscoWorks Common Services Arbitrary Code Execution (cisco-sa-20101027-cs)
Passive Vulnerability Scanner
Security News Stories
- Getting over the fear of measuring what matters
- Installing Printers with PowerShell
- Security Researcher Hacks Mark Zuckerberg's Wall To Prove His Exploit Works | TechCrunch
- Fibre Channel Reconnaissance - Reloaded | ISC Diary
- LinEnum - Scripted Linux Enumeration & Privilege Escalation Checks
- levle/rdesktop-fuzzer | GitHub
- Nearly One-Fifth Of Enterprise Operating Systems Not Fully Patched
- Hackers may cash in when XP is retired