openSUSE Security Update : php7 (openSUSE-2017-304)
High Nessus Plugin ID 97563
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for php7 fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2016-7480: The SplObjectStorage unserialize implementation in ext/spl/spl_observer.c in PHP did not verify that a key is an object, which allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access) via crafted serialized data. (bsc#1019568)
- CVE-2017-5340: Zend/zend_hash.c in PHP mishandled certain cases that require large array allocations, which allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (integer overflow, uninitialized memory access, and use of arbitrary destructor function pointers) via crafted serialized data. (bsc#1019570)
- CVE-2016-7479: In all versions of PHP 7, during the unserialization process, resizing the 'properties' hash table of a serialized object may have lead to use-after-free. A remote attacker may exploit this bug to gain arbitrary code execution. (bsc#1019547)
- CVE-2016-7478: Zend/zend_exceptions.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a crafted Exception object in serialized data, a related issue to CVE-2015-8876. (bsc#1019550)
- CVE-2016-10159: Integer overflow in the phar_parse_pharfile function in ext/phar/phar.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption or application crash) via a truncated manifest entry in a PHAR archive.
- CVE-2016-10160: Off-by-one error in the phar_parse_pharfile function in ext/phar/phar.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted PHAR archive with an alias mismatch.
- CVE-2016-10161: The object_common1 function in ext/standard/var_unserializer.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (buffer over-read and application crash) via crafted serialized data that is mishandled in a finish_nested_data call.
- CVE-2016-10162: The php_wddx_pop_element function in ext/wddx/wddx.c in PHP 7 allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash) via an inapplicable class name in a wddxPacket XML document, leading to mishandling in a wddx_deserialize call. (bsc#1022262)
- CVE-2016-10166: A potential unsigned underflow in gd interpolation functions could lead to memory corruption in the PHP gd module (bsc#1022263)
- CVE-2016-10167: A denial of service problem in gdImageCreateFromGd2Ctx() could lead to php out of memory even on small files. (bsc#1022264)
- CVE-2016-10168: A signed integer overflow in the gd module could lead to memory corruption (bsc#1022265)
- CVE-2016-9138: PHP mishandled property modification during __wakeup processing, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted serialized data, as demonstrated by Exception::__toString with DateInterval::__wakeup. (bsc#1008026)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected php7 packages.