SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for php7 fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2016-7480: The SplObjectStorage unserialize implementation in ext/spl/spl_observer.c in PHP did not verify that a key is an object, which allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (uninitialized memory access) via crafted serialized data. (bsc#1019568)
- CVE-2017-5340: Zend/zend_hash.c in PHP mishandled certain cases that require large array allocations, which allowed remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (integer overflow, uninitialized memory access, and use of arbitrary destructor function pointers) via crafted serialized data. (bsc#1019570)
- CVE-2016-7479: In all versions of PHP 7, during the unserialization process, resizing the 'properties' hash table of a serialized object may have lead to use-after-free. A remote attacker may exploit this bug to gain arbitrary code execution. (bsc#1019547)
- CVE-2016-7478: Zend/zend_exceptions.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop) via a crafted Exception object in serialized data, a related issue to CVE-2015-8876. (bsc#1019550)
- CVE-2016-10159: Integer overflow in the phar_parse_pharfile function in ext/phar/phar.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption or application crash) via a truncated manifest entry in a PHAR archive.
- CVE-2016-10160: Off-by-one error in the phar_parse_pharfile function in ext/phar/phar.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a crafted PHAR archive with an alias mismatch.
- CVE-2016-10161: The object_common1 function in ext/standard/var_unserializer.c in PHP allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (buffer over-read and application crash) via crafted serialized data that is mishandled in a finish_nested_data call.
- CVE-2016-10162: The php_wddx_pop_element function in ext/wddx/wddx.c in PHP 7 allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash) via an inapplicable class name in a wddxPacket XML document, leading to mishandling in a wddx_deserialize call. (bsc#1022262)
- CVE-2016-10166: A potential unsigned underflow in gd interpolation functions could lead to memory corruption in the PHP gd module (bsc#1022263)
- CVE-2016-10167: A denial of service problem in gdImageCreateFromGd2Ctx() could lead to php out of memory even on small files. (bsc#1022264)
- CVE-2016-10168: A signed integer overflow in the gd module could lead to memory corruption (bsc#1022265)
- CVE-2016-9138: PHP mishandled property modification during __wakeup processing, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via crafted serialized data, as demonstrated by Exception::__toString with DateInterval::__wakeup. (bsc#1008026)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-277=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2017-277=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Web Scripting 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Web-Scripting-12-2017-277=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.