July 27, 2006
The Tenable Research Team is happy to announce the immediate availability of 'smbshell'. 'smbshell' is a pre-compiled NASL script which can be used from any Nessus 3 installation to interact with a remote windows host on top of port 139 or 445. smbshell can be used to:
- Navigate thru the remote SMB shares and download files or obtain their version number
- Read/Enumerate the remote SMB registry
- Query/Start/Stop/Pause remote services
- Query information about the remote users / groups
- Obtain an interactive shell (cmd.exe) on the remote host
Tenable™ is the Cyber Exposure company. Over 23,000 organizations of all sizes around the globe rely on Tenable to manage and measure their modern attack surface to accurately understand and reduce cyber risk. As the creator of Nessus®, Tenable built its platform from the ground up to deeply understand assets, networks and vulnerabilities, extending this knowledge and expertise into Tenable.io™ to deliver the world’s first platform to provide live visibility into any asset on any computing platform. Tenable customers include more than 50 percent of the Fortune 500, large government agencies and mid-sized organizations across the private and public sectors. Learn more at tenable.com.