This self-paced course provides security professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to use the compliance features of Nessus that go beyond routine scanning. This applies not only to environments that may be required to adhere to regulatory compliance standards, but also to environments that would like to confirm adherence to corporate policies. Students will understand how Nessus performs compliance audits and how the audit language can be used for informational gathering purposes. Additionally, students will launch a variety of scans and analyze results in the hands-on lab portion of the class.
- IT security analysts, security consultants, or auditors who wish to become more familiar with Nessus' compliance-related features and would like to understand how Nessus implements audit capabilities
- Compliance concepts
- Supported systems and devices
- Windows compliance features and functionality
- Operating system (OS) support
- Unix-specific checks
- Infrastructure audits
- Application audits
- Malware audits
- Content audits
- Custom auditing
Students should be familiar with Nessus' basic functionality. Completing the Tenable Nessus Fundamentals on demand training course is beneficial, but not required. Knowledge of the topics covered in the Nessus Fundamentals course is assumed.
This course provides valuable information relevant to the Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) exam. The TCNA exam covers topics from all the Nessus on demand training courses. To take the TCNA exam, students need to be familiar with the Nessus software and documentation, and we recommend taking the online courses. Please note that the exam is available separately at an additional charge.
- This course is credited with 4 hours of security e-learning. A course completion certificate is issued at the end of the course. If you intend to apply this course towards CPE credits, you should secure the certificate of completion. Remember that the governing certification body (ISC2, SANS, PCI DSS, …) determines the amount of CPE credits awarded.
- If you cancel your order, there will be a restocking fee. Please contact us to determine the fee.
- On demand training must be registered within 6 months of purchase and completed within 90 days of registration.
- View the detailed course requirements.
Training Location and Time
Tenable's on demand training courses provide a self-paced learning environment in which students can hear a course lecture, view demo videos, and complete exercises in a hands-on lab environment from the comfort of their own home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This delivery method is ideal for the busy security or compliance professional who needs to quickly improve their skills without a large investment.