This self-paced course provides security professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to apply advanced features of Nessus in scenarios that go beyond routine scanning to encompass a wide range of use cases found in modern networking environments. Students will perform malicious process detection, advanced analysis of scan results via filters, audit trail queries, integration with patch management solutions, scans of web applications, infrastructure, and mobile devices, and configure the multi scanner functionality.
- IT security analysts, security consultants, or auditors who wish to expand their knowledge of Nessus' capabilities beyond basic scanning and analysis
- Malicious process detection
- Advanced analysis
- Audit trail
- Patch management integration
- Web application scanning
- Infrastructure scanning
- Mobile device analysis
- Multi-scanner functionality
Students should be familiar with Nessus' basic functionality. Completing the Tenable Nessus Fundamentals on demand training course is beneficial, but not required. Knowledge of the topics covered in the Nessus Fundamentals course is assumed.
This course provides valuable information relevant to the Tenable Certified Nessus Auditor (TCNA) exam. The TCNA exam covers topics from all the Nessus on demand training courses. To take the TCNA exam, students need to be familiar with the Nessus software and documentation, and we recommend taking the online courses. Please note that the exam is available separately at an additional charge.
- Tenable has notified (ISC)² of our training and you may receive CPE credits for any security-related training, whether by an institution or a vendor.
- If you cancel your order, there will be a restocking fee. Please contact us to determine the fee.
- On demand training must be registered within 6 months of purchase and completed within 90 days of registration.
- View the detailed course requirements.
Training Location and Time
Tenable's on demand training courses provide a self-paced learning environment in which students can hear a course lecture, view demo videos, and complete exercises in a hands-on lab environment from the comfort of their own home or office, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This delivery method is ideal for the busy security or compliance professional who needs to quickly improve their skills without a large investment.