Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 70
Welcome to the Tenable Network Security Podcast - Episode 70
Hosts: Paul Asadoorian, Product Evangelist and Carlos Perez, Lead Vulnerability Researcher
- Several new blog posts have been published this week, including:
- Tenable will be at the upcoming RSA conference next week. Please stop by our booth (#729)!
- Check out our video channel on YouTube that contains the latest Nessus and SecurityCenter 4 tutorials.
- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable web site for more information about open positions.
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make various announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics and more!
- Honeynet Project Releases PhoneyC - Furthermore, PhoneyC emulates specific vulnerabilities to pinpoint the attack vector. PhoneyC is a modular framework that enables the study of malicious HTTP pages and understands modern vulnerabilities and attacker techniques.
- A python domains extractor from IPs - The tool reads a .txt file containing IP Addresses (on each line) and check which “sites” are associated with that IP Address.
- Free Fast Traffic Generator - "Mausezahn" - Mausezahn is a free fast traffic generator written in C which allows you to send nearly every possible and impossible packet. It is mainly used to test VoIP or multicast networks but also for security audits to check whether your systems are hardened enough for specific attacks. I LOVE breaking stuff.
- Comcast DOCSIS 3.0 Business Gateways Multiple Vulnerabilities - Yet another example of hard-coded passwords in an embedded system. The other was a Linksys router vulnerability.
- "Cyberweapon" Could Take Down Internet - I'm skeptical. I think the Internet is too useful of a tool, and everyone needs it, so why take it down?
- Google 2-factor authentication - This seems like a good thing: enter your password and then you must provide a PIN that gets SMS'd to your phone. Could this be the answer to our password problems?