- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable website for more information about open positions.
- Check out our video channel on YouTube which contains new Nessus, PVS, and SecurityCenter tutorials.
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make product and company announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
- Want to ask questions about Nessus, PVS, SecurityCenter, and LCE, and get answers from the experts at Tenable? Join the Tenable Discussions Forum for custom scripts, announcements, and more!
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
Discussion & Highlighted Plugins
- What is the Passive Vulnerability Scanner (PVS) and what does it do?
- How is PVS different from an IDS?
- How does PVS keep track of sessions and discover applications?
- What are some examples of PVS detecting vulnerable client software?
- How can PVS help detect instances of virtualization in your environment?
- How can PVS be used to detect vulnerabilities in SCADA devices, and why is this important?
- What are some examples of PVS detecting applications?
- How much traffic can PVS handle?
- How can you set up and configure PVS to monitor the wireless network and detect vulnerabilities in smartphones and tablets?
- Does PVS support IPv6?
- Nessus now has the ability to upload a custom list of hashes for whitelisting processes and the ability to identify new processes previously not seen.
- We've also added into Nessus the ability to set the number of days your anti-virus software is out of date before generating an alert.
- Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco IOS XE Software for 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers (cisco-sa-20131030-asr1000)
- Cisco IOS Software Session Initiation Protocol Denial of Service Vulnerability (cisco-sa-20131106-sip)
- Adobe ColdFusion Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB13-27) (credentialed check)
- SeaMonkey < 2.22.1 NSS and NSPR Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Oracle JavaServer Faces Multiple Partial Directory Traversals
Passive Vulnerability Scanner
- OpenSSH v6.2 / v6.3 Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- OpenSSH 6.2 / 6.3 Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
Security News Stories
- ACG Maryland - 2013 Deal of the Year Finalist - Tenable Network Security & Accel Partners
- Risky Business Podcast #304 -- Tech heavyweights target NSA
- Why Ben Franklin would have excelled in cyber security
- Tenable Network Security Named a Deloitte 2013 Technology Fast 500 Award Winner
- Linux backdoor squirts code into SSH to keep its badness buried | The Register
- Hacking of forum software firm vBulletin spawns host of zero-day attacks | The Inquirer
- Netflixers Beware: Angler Exploit Kit Targets Silverlight Vulnerability
- Adobe credentials and the serious insecurity of password hints | Troy Hunt
- Tavis Ormandy: QNX
- w00tsec: Unpacking Firmware Images from Cable Modems