Tenable Network Security Podcast Episode 138 - "Tenable Raises $50M, VirusTotal, WordPress Plugins"
- Our top story: Network Security Company Tenable Raises a $50M Series A From Accel
- We're hiring! - Visit the Tenable website for more information about open positions.
- Check out our video channel on YouTube which contains new Nessus and SecurityCenter tutorials.
- Tenable Tweets - You can find us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tenablesecurity where we make product and company announcements, provide Nessus plugin statistics, and more!
- Want to ask questions about Nessus, SecurityCenter, LCE, and PVS and get answers from the experts at Tenable? Join Tenable's Discussion Forum for custom scripts, announcements, and more!
- You can subscribe to the Tenable Network Security Podcast on iTunes!
New & Notable Plugins
- VMware vSphere and vCOps updates to third party libraries
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- Asterisk Manager Interface Remote Shell Command Execution (AST-2012-012)
- EMail Security Virtual Appliance Remote Code Execution
- Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 10
- Cloudsafe365 Plugin for WordPress file Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Symantec Messaging Gateway 9.5.x Vulnerabilities
Passive Vulnerability Scanner
- Spiceworks Client Version Detection
- Mac Outlook Client Version Detection
- Ustream mobile Android app streaming detection
- Ustream mobile Android app detection
- Google Chrome < 21.0.1180.89 Vulnerabilities
SecurityCenter Report Templates
Nessus ProfessionalFeed and SecurityCenter customers can download compliance checks from the Tenable Support Portal.
- Foxit Reader 5.4 fixes DLL hijacking vulnerability - For those that chose to ditch Adobe Reader for Foxit.
- Google acquires VirusTotal, but plans to keep it independent - Somehow I imagine this will end up in the mix with Google's search and/or Apps.
- PenTesting: From Low Risk Issues to Sensitive Data Compromising - Interesting, Nessus has plugins for all of these attack vectors.