BYOD and Clouds: "The Perfect Storm" (Part 2) - A Politics of Security Webcast
On September 19 at 2PM ET, please join us for the Politics of Security webcast titled BYOD and Clouds: “The Perfect Storm” (Part 2). The Politics of Security series of webcasts is designed to help security executives (CISOs, CSOs, and VP of Information Security, etc.) learn from their peers about today's security and compliance challenges and understand some of the mitigation strategies that are being adopted.
This two part webcast examines how BYOD and cloud computing are fundamentally changing traditional security models by allowing personal devices beyond IT control to enter the perimeter and interact with internal systems. Such technologies also allow applications and sensitive data to be hosted and stored outside corporate environments. The security and compliance implications are significant and organizations are uncertain of the path to ensure minimal risk to their environment.
Part 2 of the webcast series covers risk and countermeasures for:
- Cloud based file storage
- Social networks
- Mobile applications on unmanaged devices
- Mike Towers VP Information Security Assurance, GlaxoSmithKline
- Todd Bearman CISO, Towers Watson
- Mark Leary VP Information and CISO, Xerox
- Marcus Ranum CSO, Tenable Network Security
- Craig Shumard Principal, Shumard and Associates, LLC, Emeritus CISO, Cigna
If you’re struggling to define BYOD and cloud strategies for your environment, put this webcast in your calendar.
And be sure to view the recording of Part 1 in which we cover:
- How BYOD deployments are impacting security risk
- How various organizations are updating their security processes to account for these deployments
- What safeguards are being implemented to mitigate risk as they are deployed