PHP 5.3.x < 5.3.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 5242
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.3.x installed on the remote host is earlier than 5.3.1. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- Sanity checks are missing in exif processing.
- It is possible to bypass the 'safe_mode' configuration setting using 'tempnam()'.
- It is possible to bypass the 'open_basedir' configuration setting using 'posix_mkfifo()'.
- The 'safe_mode_include_dir' configuration setting may be ignored.
- Calling 'popen()' with an invalid mode can cause a crash.
- A safe_mode restriction-bypass vulnerability because environment variables specified for 'proc_open' are passed without checking them.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.3.1 or later.