New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for php5 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2013-7456: imagescale out-of-bounds read (bnc#982009).
- CVE-2016-5093: get_icu_value_internal out-of-bounds read (bnc#982010).
- CVE-2016-5094: Don't create strings with lengths outside of valid range (bnc#982011).
- CVE-2016-5095: Don't create strings with lengths outside of valid range (bnc#982012).
- CVE-2016-5096: int/size_t confusion in fread (bsc#982013).
- CVE-2015-8877: The gdImageScaleTwoPass function in gd_interpolation.c in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) as used in PHP used inconsistent allocate and free approaches, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via a crafted call, as demonstrated by a call to the PHP imagescale function (bsc#981061).
- CVE-2015-8876: Zend/zend_exceptions.c in PHP did not validate certain Exception objects, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash) or trigger unintended method execution via crafted serialized data (bsc#981049).
- CVE-2015-8879: The odbc_bindcols function in ext/odbc/php_odbc.c in PHP mishandles driver behavior for SQL_WVARCHAR columns, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) in opportunistic circumstances by leveraging use of the odbc_fetch_array function to access a certain type of Microsoft SQL Server table (bsc#981050).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected php5 packages.