New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- In the Linux kernel before 5.2.9, there is an info-leak bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_pro.c driver, aka CID-ead16e53c2f0.(CVE-2019-19536)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.2.9, there is an info-leak bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_fd.c driver, aka CID-30a8beeb3042.(CVE-2019-19535)
- vcs_write in drivers/tty/vt/vc_screen.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.13 does not prevent write access to vcsu devices, aka CID-0c9acb1af77a.(CVE-2019-19252)
- In the AppleTalk subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.1, there is a potential NULL pointer dereference because register_snap_client may return NULL. This will lead to denial of service in net/appletalk/aarp.c and net/appletalk/ddp.c, as demonstrated by unregister_snap_client, aka CID-9804501fa122.(CVE-2019-19227)
- A memory leak in the adis_update_scan_mode() function in drivers/iio/imu/adis_buffer.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.9 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-ab612b1daf41.(CVE-2019-19060)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.11, there is an info-leak bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/net/can/usb/peak_usb/pcan_usb_core.c driver, aka CID-f7a1337f0d29.(CVE-2019-19534)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.11, there is a use-after-free bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/net/can/usb/mcba_usb.c driver, aka CID-4d6636498c41.(CVE-2019-19529)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.9, there is a use-after-free bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/nfc/pn533/usb.c driver, aka CID-6af3aa57a098.(CVE-2019-19526)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.6, there is a use-after-free bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/net/ieee802154/atusb.c driver, aka CID-7fd25e6fc035.(CVE-2019-19525)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.9, there are multiple out-of-bounds write bugs that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the Linux kernel HID drivers, aka CID-d9d4b1e46d95. This affects drivers/hid/hid-axff.c, drivers/hid/hid-dr.c, drivers/hid/hid-emsff.c, drivers/hid/hid-gaff.c, drivers/hid/hid-holtekff.c, drivers/hid/hid-lg2ff.c, drivers/hid/hid-lg3ff.c, drivers/hid/hid-lg4ff.c, drivers/hid/hid-lgff.c, drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.c, drivers/hid/hid-microsoft.c, drivers/hid/hid-sony.c, drivers/hid/hid-tmff.c, and drivers/hid/hid-zpff.c.(CVE-2019-19532)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.2.10, there is a use-after-free bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/hid/usbhid/hiddev.c driver, aka CID-9c09b214f30e.(CVE-2019-19527)
- ** DISPUTED ** The Linux kernel through 5.0.7, when CONFIG_IA32_AOUT is enabled and ia32_aout is loaded, allows local users to bypass ASLR on setuid a.out programs (if any exist) because install_exec_creds() is called too late in load_aout_binary() in fs/binfmt_aout.c, and thus the ptrace_may_access() check has a race condition when reading /proc/pid/stat.
NOTE: the software maintainer disputes that this is a vulnerability because ASLR for a.out format executables has never been supported.(CVE-2019-11191)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.12, there is a use-after-free bug that can be caused by a malicious USB device in the drivers/input/ff-memless.c driver, aka CID-fa3a5a1880c9.(CVE-2019-19524)
- drivers/net/wireless/marvell/libertas/if_sdio.c in the Linux kernel 5.2.14 does not check the alloc_workqueue return value, leading to a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-16232)
- drivers/net/fjes/fjes_main.c in the Linux kernel 5.2.14 does not check the alloc_workqueue return value, leading to a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2019-16231)
- ** DISPUTED ** drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdkfd/kfd_interrupt.c in the Linux kernel 5.2.14 does not check the alloc_workqueue return value, leading to a NULL pointer dereference. NOTE: The security community disputes this issues as not being serious enough to be deserving a CVE id.(CVE-2019-16229)
- Linux kernel CIFS implementation, version 4.9.0 is vulnerable to a relative paths injection in directory entry lists.(CVE-2019-10220)
- A heap overflow flaw was found in the Linux kernel, all versions 3.x.x and 4.x.x before 4.18.0, in Marvell WiFi chip driver. The vulnerability allows a remote attacker to cause a system crash, resulting in a denial of service, or execute arbitrary code. The highest threat with this vulnerability is with the availability of the system. If code execution occurs, the code will run with the permissions of root. This will affect both confidentiality and integrity of files on the system.(CVE-2019-14901)
- The Linux kernel before 5.4.2 mishandles ext4_expand_extra_isize, as demonstrated by use-after-free errors in __ext4_expand_extra_isize and ext4_xattr_set_entry, related to fs/ext4/inode.c and fs/ext4/super.c, aka CID-4ea99936a163.(CVE-2019-19767)
- A heap-based buffer overflow was discovered in the Linux kernel, all versions 3.x.x and 4.x.x before 4.18.0, in Marvell WiFi chip driver. The flaw could occur when the station attempts a connection negotiation during the handling of the remote devices country settings. This could allow the remote device to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code.(CVE-2019-14895)
- Linux Kernel could allow a local authenticated attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by a Transaction Asynchronous Abort (TAA) h/w issue in KVM.
By sending a specially-crafted request, an attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information, and use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.(CVE-2019-19338)
- TSX Asynchronous Abort condition on some CPUs utilizing speculative execution may allow an authenticated user to potentially enable information disclosure via a side channel with local access.(CVE-2019-11135)
- An out-of-bounds memory write issue was found in the Linux Kernel, version 3.13 through 5.4, in the way the Linux kernel's KVM hypervisor handled the 'KVM_GET_EMULATED_CPUID' ioctl(2) request to get CPUID features emulated by the KVM hypervisor. A user or process able to access the '/dev/kvm' device could use this flaw to crash the system, resulting in a denial of service.(CVE-2019-19332)
- kernel/sched/fair.c in the Linux kernel before 5.3.9, when cpu.cfs_quota_us is used (e.g., with Kubernetes), allows attackers to cause a denial of service against non-cpu-bound applications by generating a workload that triggers unwanted slice expiration, aka CID-de53fd7aedb1. (In other words, although this slice expiration would typically be seen with benign workloads, it is possible that an attacker could calculate how many stray requests are required to force an entire Kubernetes cluster into a low-performance state caused by slice expiration, and ensure that a DDoS attack sent that number of stray requests. An attack does not affect the stability of the kernel it only causes mismanagement of application execution.)(CVE-2019-19922)
- A stack-based buffer overflow was found in the Linux kernel, version kernel-2.6.32, in Marvell WiFi chip driver. An attacker is able to cause a denial of service (system crash) or, possibly execute arbitrary code, when a STA works in IBSS mode (allows connecting stations together without the use of an AP) and connects to another STA.(CVE-2019-14897)
- A heap-based buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel, version kernel-2.6.32, in Marvell WiFi chip driver. A remote attacker could cause a denial of service (system crash) or, possibly execute arbitrary code, when the lbs_ibss_join_existing function is called after a STA connects to an AP.(CVE-2019-14896)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.4.6, there are information leaks of uninitialized memory to a USB device in the drivers/net/can/usb/kvaser_usb/kvaser_usb_leaf.c driver, aka CID-da2311a6385c.(CVE-2019-19947)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.1, there is a memory leak in __feat_register_sp() in net/dccp/feat.c, which may cause denial of service, aka CID-1d3ff0950e2b.(CVE-2019-20096)
- mwifiex_tm_cmd in drivers/net/wireless/marvell/mwifiex/cfg80211.c in the Linux kernel before 5.1.6 has some error-handling cases that did not free allocated hostcmd memory, aka CID-003b686ace82. This will cause a memory leak and denial of service.(CVE-2019-20095)
- An exploitable denial-of-service vulnerability exists in the Linux kernel prior to mainline 5.3. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by triggering AP to send IAPP location updates for stations before the required authentication process has completed. This could lead to different denial-of-service scenarios, either by causing CAM table attacks, or by leading to traffic flapping if faking already existing clients in other nearby APs of the same wireless infrastructure.
An attacker can forge Authentication and Association Request packets to trigger this vulnerability.(CVE-2019-5108)
- In a Linux KVM guest that has PV TLB enabled, a process in the guest kernel may be able to read memory locations from another process in the same guest. This problem is limit to the host running linux kernel 4.10 with a guest running linux kernel 4.16 or later. The problem mainly affects AMD processors but Intel CPUs cannot be ruled out.(CVE-2019-3016)
- fs/namei.c in the Linux kernel before 5.5 has a may_create_in_sticky use-after-free, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (OOPS) or possibly obtain sensitive information from kernel memory, aka CID-d0cb50185ae9. One attack vector may be an open system call for a UNIX domain socket, if the socket is being moved to a new parent directory and its old parent directory is being removed.(CVE-2020-8428)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel through 5.5.2 in the n_tty_receive_buf_common function in drivers/tty/n_tty.c.(CVE-2020-8648)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.5.6. set_fdc in drivers/block/floppy.c leads to a wait_til_ready out-of-bounds read because the FDC index is not checked for errors before assigning it, aka CID-2e90ca68b0d2.(CVE-2020-9383)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel through 5.5.2 in the vgacon_invert_region function in drivers/video/console/vgacon.c.(CVE-2020-8649)
- There is a use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel through 5.5.2 in the vc_do_resize function in drivers/tty/vt/vt.c.(CVE-2020-8647)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted ext4 filesystem image, performing some operations, and unmounting can lead to a use-after-free in ext4_put_super in fs/ext4/super.c, related to dump_orphan_list in fs/ext4/super.c.(CVE-2019-19447)
- A flaw was discovered in the way that the KVM hypervisor handled instruction emulation for an L2 guest when nested virtualisation is enabled. Under some circumstances, an L2 guest may trick the L0 guest into accessing sensitive L1 resources that should be inaccessible to the L2 guest.(CVE-2020-2732)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.3.11, sound/core/timer.c has a use-after-free caused by erroneous code refactoring, aka CID-e7af6307a8a5. This is related to snd_timer_open and snd_timer_close_locked. The timeri variable was originally intended to be for a newly created timer instance, but was used for a different purpose after refactoring.(CVE-2019-19807)
- In the Linux kernel 5.4.0-rc2, there is a use-after-free (read) in the __blk_add_trace function in kernel/trace/blktrace.c (which is used to fill out a blk_io_trace structure and place it in a per-cpu sub-buffer).(CVE-2019-19768)
- In the Linux kernel 5.0.21, mounting a crafted f2fs filesystem image can cause a NULL pointer dereference in f2fs_recover_fsync_data in fs/f2fs/recovery.c. This is related to F2FS_P_SB in fs/f2fs/f2fs.h.(CVE-2019-19815)
- ** DISPUTED ** __btrfs_free_extent in fs/btrfs/extent-tree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 calls btrfs_print_leaf in a certain ENOENT case, which allows local users to obtain potentially sensitive information about register values via the dmesg program. NOTE: The BTRFS development team disputes this issues as not being a vulnerability because '1) The kernel provide facilities to restrict access to dmesg - dmesg_restrict=1 sysctl option. So it's really up to the system administrator to judge whether dmesg access shall be disallowed or not. 2) WARN/WARN_ON are widely used macros in the linux kernel. If this CVE is considered valid this would mean there are literally thousands CVE lurking in the kernel
- something which clearly is not the case.'(CVE-2019-19039)
- ext4_empty_dir in fs/ext4/namei.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because ext4_read_dirblock(inode,0,DIRENT_HTREE) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19037)
- btrfs_root_node in fs/btrfs/ctree.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.12 allows a NULL pointer dereference because rcu_dereference(root->node) can be zero.(CVE-2019-19036)
- In the Linux kernel 4.19.83, there is a use-after-free (read) in the debugfs_remove function in fs/debugfs/inode.c (which is used to remove a file or directory in debugfs that was previously created with a call to another debugfs function such as debugfs_create_file).(CVE-2019-19770)
- An issue was discovered in slc_bump in drivers/net/can/slcan.c in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. It allows attackers to read uninitialized can_frame data, potentially containing sensitive information from kernel stack memory, if the configuration lacks CONFIG_INIT_STACK_ALL, aka CID-b9258a2cece4.(CVE-2020-11494)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa.(CVE-2020-11565)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's implementation of some networking protocols in IPsec, such as VXLAN and GENEVE tunnels over IPv6. When an encrypted tunnel is created between two hosts, the kernel isn't correctly routing tunneled data over the encrypted link rather sending the data unencrypted. This would allow anyone in between the two endpoints to read the traffic unencrypted. The main threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality.(CVE-2020-1749)
- An issue was discovered in the stv06xx subsystem in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1.
drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx.c and drivers/media/usb/gspca/stv06xx/stv06xx_pb0100.c mishandle invalid descriptors, as demonstrated by a NULL pointer dereference, aka CID-485b06aadb93.(CVE-2020-11609)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.6.1. drivers/media/usb/gspca/ov519.c allows NULL pointer dereferences in ov511_mode_init_regs and ov518_mode_init_regs when there are zero endpoints, aka CID-998912346c0d.(CVE-2020-11608)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.4.12, drivers/input/input.c has out-of-bounds writes via a crafted keycode table, as demonstrated by input_set_keycode, aka CID-cb222aed03d7.(CVE-2019-20636)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.6.1, drivers/media/usb/gspca/xirlink_cit.c (aka the Xirlink camera USB driver) mishandles invalid descriptors, aka CID-a246b4d54770.(CVE-2020-11668)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.2. mpol_parse_str in mm/mempolicy.c has a stack-based out-of-bounds write because an empty nodelist is mishandled during mount option parsing, aka CID-aa9f7d5172fa.(CVE-2020-0067)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.2 on the powerpc platform.
arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S does not have save/restore functionality for PNV_POWERSAVE_AMR, PNV_POWERSAVE_UAMOR, and PNV_POWERSAVE_AMOR, aka CID-53a712bae5dd.(CVE-2020-11669)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.