SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for Wireshark to version 2.2.13 fixes a number of minor vulnerabilities that could be used to trigger dissector crashes or cause dissectors to go into large infinite loops by making Wireshark read specially crafted packages from the network or capture files:
- CVE-2018-7335: The IEEE 802.11 dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7321, CVE-2018-7322, CVE-2018-7323, CVE-2018-7324, CVE-2018-7325, CVE-2018-7326, CVE-2018-7327, CVE-2018-7328, CVE-2018-7329, CVE-2018-7330, CVE-2018-7331, CVE-2018-7332, CVE-2018-7333, CVE-2018-7421: Multiple dissectors could go into large infinite loops
- CVE-2018-7334: The UMTS MAC dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7337: The DOCSIS dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7336: The FCP dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7320: The SIGCOMP dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7420: The pcapng file parser could crash
- CVE-2018-7417: The IPMI dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7418: The SIGCOMP dissector could crash
- CVE-2018-7419: The NBAP disssector could crash
This update also contains further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
SolutionUpdate the affected wireshark packages.