Flash Player < 126.96.36.1992 / 188.8.131.52 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB15-16)
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8821
SynopsisThe remote host is running an outdated version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionVersions of Adobe Flash Player prior to 184.108.40.206 are outdated and thus unpatched for the following vulnerabilities :
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows an attacker to guess the address for the Flash heap. (CVE-2015-3097)
- Multiple heap-based buffer overflow vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3135, CVE-2015-4432, CVE-2015-5118)
- Multiple memory corruption vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3117, CVE-2015-3123, CVE-2015-3130, CVE-2015-3133, CVE-2015-3134, CVE-2015-4431)
- Multiple NULL pointer dereference flaws exist. (CVE-2015-3126, CVE-2015-4429)
- A security bypass vulnerability exists that results in an information disclosure. (CVE-2015-3114)
- Multiple type confusion vulnerabilities exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3119, CVE-2015-3120, CVE-2015-3121, CVE-2015-3122, CVE-2015-4433)
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-3118, CVE-2015-3124, CVE-2015-5117, CVE-2015-3127, CVE-2015-3128, CVE-2015-3129, CVE-2015-3131, CVE-2015-3132, CVE-2015-3136, CVE-2015-3137, CVE-2015-4428, CVE-2015-4430, CVE-2015-5119)
- Multiple same-origin policy bypass vulnerabilities exist that allow information disclosure. (CVE-2014-0578, CVE-2015-3115, CVE-2015-3116, CVE-2015-3125, CVE-2015-5116)
- A memory corruption issue exists due to improper validation of user-supplied input. An attacker can exploit this to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-5124)
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Flash Player version 220.127.116.11 or later. If 18.x cannot be obtained, 18.104.22.1682 has also been patched for these vulnerabilities.