New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for gd fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2016-6906: An out-of-bounds read in TGA decompression was fixed which could have lead to crashes. (bsc#1022553)
- CVE-2016-6912: Double free vulnerability in the gdImageWebPtr function in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) allowed remote attackers to have unspecified impact via large width and height values. (bsc#1022284)
- CVE-2016-9317: The gdImageCreate function in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system hang) via an oversized image. (bsc#1022283)
- CVE-2016-10166: A potential unsigned underflow in gd interpolation functions could lead to memory corruption in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) (bsc#1022263)
- CVE-2016-10167: A denial of service problem in gdImageCreateFromGd2Ctx() could lead to libgd running out of memory even on small files. (bsc#1022264)
- CVE-2016-10168: A signed integer overflow in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) could lead to memory corruption (bsc#1022265)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected gd packages.