New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for gd fixes the following security issues :
- CVE-2016-6906: An out-of-bounds read in TGA decompression was fixed which could have lead to crashes. (bsc#1022553)
- CVE-2016-6912: Double free vulnerability in the gdImageWebPtr function in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) allowed remote attackers to have unspecified impact via large width and height values. (bsc#1022284)
- CVE-2016-9317: The gdImageCreate function in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system hang) via an oversized image. (bsc#1022283)
- CVE-2016-10166: A potential unsigned underflow in gd interpolation functions could lead to memory corruption in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) (bsc#1022263)
- CVE-2016-10167: A denial of service problem in gdImageCreateFromGd2Ctx() could lead to libgd running out of memory even on small files. (bsc#1022264)
- CVE-2016-10168: A signed integer overflow in the GD Graphics Library (aka libgd) could lead to memory corruption (bsc#1022265)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP2-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-WE-12-SP1-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-241=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2017-241=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.