SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe Squid HTTP proxy has been updated to version 3.3.14, fixing the following security issues :
- Fixed multiple Denial of Service issues in HTTP Response processing. (CVE-2016-2569, CVE-2016-2570, CVE-2016-2571, CVE-2016-2572, bsc#968392, bsc#968393, bsc#968394, bsc#968395)
- CVE-2016-3947: Buffer overrun issue in pinger ICMPv6 processing. (bsc#973782)
- CVE-2015-5400: Improper protection of alternate path.
- CVE-2015-3455: Squid http proxy configured with client-first SSL bumping did not correctly validate server certificate. (bsc#929493)
- CVE-2016-3948: Fixed denial of service in HTTP Response processing (bsc#973783)
- CVE-2016-4051: fixes buffer overflow in cachemgr.cgi (bsc#976553)
- CVE-2016-4052, CVE-2016-4053, CVE-2016-4054: Fixed multiple issues in ESI processing (bsc#976556)
- CVE-2016-4553: Fixed cache poisoning issue in HTTP Request handling (bsc#979009)
- CVE-2016-4554: Fixed header smuggling issue in HTTP Request processing (bsc#979010)
- Fixed multiple Denial of Service issues in ESI Response processing. (CVE-2016-4555, CVE-2016-4556, bsc#979011, bsc#979008)
The update package also includes non-security fixes. See advisory for details.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2016-1184=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.