New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for squid3 fixes the following issues :
- Multiple issues in pinger ICMP processing.
- CVE-2016-3947: Buffer overrun issue in pinger ICMPv6 processing. (bsc#973782)
- CVE-2016-4554: fix header smuggling issue in HTTP Request processing (bsc#979010)
- fix multiple Denial of Service issues in HTTP Response processing. (CVE-2016-2569, CVE-2016-2570, CVE-2016-2571, CVE-2016-2572, bsc#968392, bsc#968393, bsc#968394, bsc#968395)
- CVE-2016-3948: Fix denial of service in HTTP Response processing (bsc#973783)
- CVE-2016-4051: fixes buffer overflow in cachemgr.cgi (bsc#976553)
- CVE-2016-4052, CVE-2016-4053, CVE-2016-4054 :
- fixes multiple issues in ESI processing (bsc#976556)
- CVE-2016-4556: fixes double free vulnerability in Esi.cc (bsc#979008)
- CVE-2015-5400: Improper Protection of Alternate Path (bsc#938715)
- CVE-2014-6270: fix off-by-one in snmp subsystem (bsc#895773)
- Memory leak in squid3 when using external_acl (bsc#976708)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-squid3-12682=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-squid3-12682=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.