New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Squid HTTP proxy has been updated to version 3.3.14, fixing the following security issues :
- Fixed multiple Denial of Service issues in HTTP Response processing. (CVE-2016-2569, CVE-2016-2570, CVE-2016-2571, CVE-2016-2572, bsc#968392, bsc#968393, bsc#968394, bsc#968395)
- CVE-2016-3947: Buffer overrun issue in pinger ICMPv6 processing. (bsc#973782)
- CVE-2015-5400: Improper protection of alternate path.
- CVE-2015-3455: Squid http proxy configured with client-first SSL bumping did not correctly validate server certificate. (bsc#929493)
- CVE-2016-3948: Fixed denial of service in HTTP Response processing (bsc#973783)
- CVE-2016-4051: fixes buffer overflow in cachemgr.cgi (bsc#976553)
- CVE-2016-4052, CVE-2016-4053, CVE-2016-4054: Fixed multiple issues in ESI processing (bsc#976556)
- CVE-2016-4553: Fixed cache poisoning issue in HTTP Request handling (bsc#979009)
- CVE-2016-4554: Fixed header smuggling issue in HTTP Request processing (bsc#979010)
- Fixed multiple Denial of Service issues in ESI Response processing. (CVE-2016-4555, CVE-2016-4556, bsc#979011, bsc#979008)
Additionally, the following non-security issues have been fixed :
- Fix header size in script unsquid.pl. (bsc#902197)
- Add external helper ext_session_acl to package.
- Update forward_max_tries to permit 25 server paths With cloud sites becoming more popular more CDN servers are producing long lists of IPv6 and IPv4 addresses. If there are not enough paths selected the IPv4 ones may never be reached.
- squid.init: wait that squid really dies when we kill it on upgrade instead of proclaiming its demise prematurely (bnc#963539)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected squid packages.